Lewis's Silver 1997 Glanza Build Thread

Hi guys

I got my first Glanza and thought I should start some of these as I've been doing a bit of work on her recently.

post-14657-0-55701300-1472915874_thumb.j

Spec:

Blitz nur spec exhaust

Toyo sports manifold

Toyo sports downpipe

Speedvision ct9 hybrid with adjustable actuator set to 0.7bar

Poorly fitted front mount intercooler

Crappy boost gauge

HKS turbo timer

Momo steering wheel

Not to keen on the wheels but its something I can change. Does anyone know what these are worth they are lenso bsx.

After 1 day of owning it I broke down on the way home from seeing some pals so I got it recovered home and stared to look at it the following weekend.

The exhaust was blowing before I broke down so I got some gaskets ordered and when I went to change them I found that there were only 2 nuts holding the turbo to the manifold. So I got that sorted and also changed the manifold studs/nuts

post-14657-0-37348800-1472915959_thumb.j

post-14657-0-60065000-1472916168_thumb.j

post-14657-0-14055400-1472916201_thumb.j

The more I am working on the car the more I'm finding stuff to be bodged by the previous owner which is really starting to Pi** me off.

Once I fitted them bits I started the car and it had a misfire which I sorted out and it was fine after that so I took it on a small test drive, got 100m up the road and It died on me again. It had a misfire again so I ordered a ignition overall kit from mike @TD and got it all fitted yesterday. While I was fitting the parts I had a look over the engine bay and noticed that the alternator belt was only half there after it rubbing on something causing my car to keep dying. so I've got new belts ordered from Mike @TD again and will get them fitted next week.

post-14657-0-48571300-1472916489_thumb.j

Excuse the Cam Cover ! I know it looks awful

post-14657-0-82063900-1472916618_thumb.j

post-14657-0-75277000-1472916645_thumb.j

Picture of the alternator belt compared to the power steering belt.

post-14657-0-21056300-1472916754_thumb.j

Also when I was looking over the engine bay once I had taken the belts off. I noticed a connector that had been broken and I'm just wondering what its from, I cant see where it goes but the wire goes into the same part of the loom as the injectors if that helps at all.

post-14657-0-88937600-1472916986_thumb.j

I've got some big plans for the car in the future but my main objective is to get it sorted first, sort out all the bodges that the BELL**D before me has done and then start with the tuning, thinking about a GT28 :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Edited by LewisSussex

Your engine light would be on it located on the back of the block can't remember exactly where but google images will help. But then again the wire could b anything joys of getting a car not looked after by the old owner

The engine management light has recently come on so It might be that, Is there any way of finding out the error codes and yeah the joys. I bought the car knowing there was a few niggly bits that need doing, but the more I work on it the more bodges I'm uncovering. I'm tempted to take the engine out, sort it out properly then whack it back in. might be a job for the winter

okay mate ill have a look and see what's happening.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE:

Got the belts fitted this morning, its holding a charge now and starting on its own once the battery was charged. shame its hunting

when up to running temperature. I will upload a video to YouTube later and add the link once I'm home from work.

LINK

https://youtu.be/3BXVTcUGe9o

Edited by LewisSussex

UPDATE

Temporally wired up the coolant temperature sensor and now my gauge is working aswell as a steady idle, just need the connector to do the job properly but atleast its working.

I also done a diagnostics check for the eml light and it came up with

Code 22 : Open or short circuit to coolant temperature sensor, ive cleared that one

Code 41: Throttle position sensor signal, not too sure what that really means

Code 52: Knock sensor signal, open or short circuit, that must be where that stray wire is from.

I tried to do an abs diagnostics check and it wouldn't work, does anyone have a tutorial for this. its a bit odd as my abs and oil pressure light both go out once I disconnect a spade connector on the thermostat housing.

Could be a shot in the dark. ABS fault so someone has wired the abs light to go out with the oil pressure. This way on start up they come on and off to pass MOT.

not sure how the oil pressure switch works, but if the light comes on when its grounded this may be why it goes off when removed from stat housing. Do you have a spade connector on the oil pressure sensor?

Could be a shot in the dark. ABS fault so someone has wired the abs light to go out with the oil pressure. This way on start up they come on and off to pass MOT.

not sure how the oil pressure switch works, but if the light comes on when its grounded this may be why it goes off when removed from stat housing. Do you have a spade connector on the oil pressure sensor?

The ABS and oil light stay on the whole time the car is running aswell. I had a look at the oil pressure sensor and it has no spade connector and has nothing connected to it but ive found a stray wire coming from the same place as the spade connector. ive got some pictures to show you what I mean.

spade connector

post-14657-0-00523200-1473168418_thumb.j

Oil pressure sensor with nothing attached

post-14657-0-47770200-1473168462_thumb.j

Stray wire next to the spade connector wire

post-14657-0-61422100-1473168533_thumb.j