help with wiring a DET3

If you just want it for launch control then go standard client. Otherwise go fuel implant. Stand-alone fuelling gives very good map possibilities. I would say, given the amount of combinations of inputs I would just let the person mapping it do the wiring. Plus the fact that in fuel implant mode you can't drive the car without a map so you would have to tow the car there if you hardware it.

Cheers dude, I'll go for the stand alone fueling, the the two mappers I've been speaking are both local one is based in my village and does road mapping the other is about 10 miles away with rollers, they both would like a copy of the software to have a play with before hand. I was hoping to wire the det3 into the extension harness and run a vac line ready then just plug in at the mappers.

No that's shit :p it fuels like a stand-alone

I would far rather keep the OEM closed loop operation, it will take a lot more work to tune closed loop in this implant mode, if it fuelled this way I would buy one otherwise I would go full standalone.