Ep82 hillclimb / Sprint car

Hello and welcome to my progress thread on which will hopefully become my new hillclimb sprint car over the winter.

I am planning on using in the Scottish hillclimb sprint championship upto 2 litre road car class. Anyway the basis of the project will be a mark1 gt turbo 😆

The main plan is to use a small ct9 / ct12 hybrid turbo for as little lag as possible for our twisty tracks hopefully combined with its light weight , should give me a chance against all the clio's. ...

20160930_183822.jpg

Cheers guys 😆

I have been slowly collecting bits over the last few months including a spare rolling shell as I've been known to push beyond my limits .....

The first car which I will be using came with a heap of spares including a spare engine 3 gearboxes 1 off which being an lsd box. Carbon bonnet , half size radiator , bucket seats , lightened flywheel , upgraded clutch and a few boxes full of things. So gave me a good start and as one will find over the course of the build im a bit obsessed with weight

20160919_184043.jpg.com/user/mike090184/media/Starlet%20ep82/20160905_195013.jpg.html]20160905_195013.jpg

20160919_184043.jpg

Oh also ordered this a couple of weeks ago :)

Screenshot_2016-10-16-16-09-37.png

• 2 weeks later...

Aye your not wrong there's not much you can remove but all the little things add up 😆

Too start carpets getting ditched , sound deadining , alloy wheels 15x7 front and 13x7 rear for more weight saving , lithium ion battery 1kg compared to 7kg , willwood front calipers for more savings and carbonfibre centre silencer with side exit are just a few of my weight saving ideas time will tell

Hi Phil

Aye it's not common in our class to use smaller wheels on the rear but the modified saloon class it's more common.

The main reasons for this is :

1. Lighter and cheaper tyres

2. Lighter and cheaper wheels

There has been a small bit of progress with parts arriving including my wepr ram horn ct9 top mount 😍 along with a dizzy blank . Must say the quality of the parts didn't disapoint almost a shame to fit them. Also I purchased a complete gearbox with kaaz limited slip diff which I will be building into one of my spare boxes . Now contemplating a charger cooler instead of the front mount

20161028_184941.jpg

20161028_185009.jpg