take a read of the link provided for supporting mods, etc

just a few questions for you:

do you have those other supporting mods?

what type of management are you using or planning to use?---fueling only adjustment or ignition and fuel adjustment?

will you be raising boost?...if so how and by how much?

take a read of the link provided for supporting mods, etc

just a few questions for you:

do you have those other supporting mods?

what type of management are you using or planning to use?---fueling only adjustment or ignition and fuel adjustment?

will you be raising boost?...if so how and by how much?

Probably greddy and running about 10psi

Was wondering if that was actually true or?

at 10 psi...i'd leave it as it is and just do everything when you get your new set up----better usage of your money that way

if you could find a cheap adjustable actuator (or a direct fit hks actuator) that would hold boost more stable than the stock ct9 actuator, then maybe you could use that and run 10psi, which is close enough to stock boost

presently, what mods do you actually have on the car?

at 10 psi...i'd leave it as it is and just do everything when you get your new set up----better usage of your money that way

if you could find a cheap adjustable actuator (or a direct fit hks actuator) that would hold boost more stable than the stock ct9 actuator, then maybe you could use that and run 10psi, which is close enough to stock boost

presently, what mods do you actually have on the car?

10psi and an aftermarket blow off valve that's about it

10psi and an aftermarket blow off valve that's about it

leave it as it is then...when you go td04 or whatever set up, then you can do everything one time----manifold, turbo, d/pipe, 2.5 - 3 inch exhaust, fmic, management, tuning, boost controller, etc....you will also need to look at brakes, suspension, tires and possibly rear braces and rarb...etc

its a long process, but best to do it right the first time or you could end up wasting a lot of money fixing problems

leave it as it is then...when you go td04 or whatever set up, then you can do everything one time----manifold, turbo, d/pipe, 2.5 - 3 inch exhaust, fmic, management, tuning, boost controller, etc....you will also need to look at brakes, suspension, tires and possibly rear braces and rarb...etc

its a long process, but best to do it right the first time or you could end up wasting a lot of money fixing problems

Yeah it's supposed to get the tdo4 on from Friday so hopefully it's a lot better

Yeah it's supposed to get the tdo4 on from Friday so hopefully it's a lot better

another suggestion...when your new turbo set up is being tuned...use some sort of knock listening/detection device,,, remember our pump gas is not the highest octane wise

i just see your from barbados keep an eye on the temps as its 50% hotter over there so egt and afr gauges are a must

knock device would be great to !!!

that's what i'm trying to suggest to him as well...as i'm from Barbados as well and have been around these starlets since 1999/2000

hot daily temps around 30C+, relatively low octane pump gas, plus his engine does not have all the supporting mods as yet and still a lot to learn about the 4e/5e engine...we have a lot of guys here that have experience with these engines (many sold on now and moved to 4wd evos/stis),,,but i've seen some sad stories over the years and some decent builds as well....when short cuts are taken it normally does not end well (hole in block, cracked pistons, etc)

i repeat, do it properly one time or leave it stockish/standard for now until you gather all the parts to convert it properly ---works out cheaper in the long run

i'd not be doing any boost increase with a stock manifold, stock TMIC and/or stock d/pipe/exhaust system in our hot climate for sure

that's what i'm trying to suggest to him as well...as i'm from Barbados as well and have been around these starlets since 1999/2000

hot daily temps around 30C+, relatively low octane pump gas, plus his engine does not have all the supporting mods as yet and still a lot to learn about the 4e/5e engine...we have a lot of guys here that have experience with these engines (many sold on now and moved to 4wd evos/stis),,,but i've seen some sad stories over the years and some decent builds as well....when short cuts are taken it normally does not end well (hole in block, cracked pistons, etc)

i repeat, do it properly one time or leave it stockish/standard for now until you gather all the parts to convert it properly ---works out cheaper in the long run

i'd not be doing any boost increase with a stock manifold, stock TMIC and/or stock d/pipe/exhaust system in our hot climate for sure

What would you recommend for supporting mods?