Can I route my catch can line back into inlet manifold

Hello guys just a question please, I have a race spec rocker cover on, with catch can venting to atmosphere, can I route a line back to the intake on the inlet manifold or do I need a pcv on somewhere inbetween, reason being for this.

1) smell coming in cabin

2) being so cold, catch can gets water in it and smells.

3) filters do get clogged over time.

So need to try a better option then having to keep checking it all the time.

Thankyou Pat

you can the hose will have to go between airfilter and turbo inlet the turbo will suck al the vapours back in the engine with no bay smells unless you have a gasket leak

Can't see no leaks any where Colin mate, at first I thought it could of been HG, it's freezing cold here at the moment and doing research the catch can will get water in it from condensation so of course when engine gets up to temp the catch can is letting out steam, and getting that creamy stuff inbetween the catch can inlet and outlet,

So if I put a hose between the airfilter and turbo inlet have you got a pic of where I'm putting the hose to, please mate, also will add I also got a relocation airfilter to behind the grille 👍🏻 Thanks guys

Edited by patman

Daniel thankyou so much for the link fantastic find, this would make a lot of sense, and thankyou for suggesting it Colin, this way you won't get any crap going back through the engine 👍🏻

I remember seeing it a while ago and quite liking the idea because its a bit different to the norm.

Theres a lot of debate on how and where to run the lines, some ways just create pressure in the tank.

Running it that way would draw vapour back out into the induction again. Although can see this also being a debatable way of doing things with regards to engine / turbo longevity.

Because all that crankcase gas which has managed to escape the engine is now getting drawn back in and mixed with the clean induction air.

Any engine builders on here wanna say what they would reccommend?

Im not slating the idea i actually like it but you are 100% gonna get oil vapour into the turbine wheel / intercooler pipes and core, right upto the throttle body and inlet.

Its not the end of the world but its fact Colin mate.

Sorry to sound stupid guys, there's me thinking the oil vapour would only go through the turbo then straight out, not going back through the intercooler pipe inlet/throttle body, seing as the pcv setup would do that but not the way on the video if that makes sense

Well if that's the case Colin I'm going to put a standard 4efte rocker cover back on with pvc valve to catch can, then catch can to inlet probably the easier way to do it, stop all the smells etc, back to the standard way 👍🏻