How do I tell if the head needs skimming?

Blew the head gasket about a month ago, it blew both rad hoses off and snapped a tip of the plug. A month later it's all back together again, now with genuine head gasket instead of victor reinz. It runs well but after hard driving I get a little bit of coolant leaking out of where the rad hoses come off the engine. They are standard hoses and I think they may be shagged so got new ones ordered. But what would symptoms be of the head needing skimming?

You should always have the head skimmed when the head gasket has blown. The heat will warp the head and even valve seats so a skim and pressure test is a must.

Edited by lukEp

It's not the thermostat housing, it's coming from where the hose attaches to the housing. I'm pretty sure it's not thermostat. It was removed but properly re sealed. I know i should have got it skimmed but I didn't, but fitted a genuine gasket this time as I heard they seal well. Would a head gasket testing kit show if the head needed skimming? I do also have a spare good head if it came to it. It runs fine I've driven it hard a few times and done a fair few miles since and it seems fine, just a tiny bit of coolant coming out from where the rad hoses come off the engine got me worried

They are standard hoses with standard clips, anyone had issues with these before?