4efe and 4efte differences...

So basically I'm mid way through a turbo conversion on my starlet sportif, I've got the full inerior and engine loom for a 4efte,

I've been looking through the blogs and I'm looking for info about the differences between a 4efe and a 4efte engine. From what I know... things like pistons and conrods are stronger in a 4efte,

I've got my old 4efe and am trying to save as much money as possible. Are there any people out there that have used bits off a 4efe that won't effect performance to build a 4efte? Or would it be easier to just buy a used 4efte engine??

Cost wise mate you'll be better off buying a 4efte engine. As this has the stronger rods, Low comp Pistons, stronger valve springs, different inlet, bigger throttle body, the list goes on

Having said that it's pretty easy to turbo a 4efe and get it running right (I have done this)

It's all down to budget really

So you can run boost through the 4efe fine, but they run higher compression engines, so you won't be able to run as much boost.

Ultimately, you want to save money, either do it properly and go big, spend money.

Or do a budget build, accept that it won't withstand the punishment of a factory turbo but enjoy smiles per miles.

I think it's around 6PSI on a 4efe, happy to be corrected.

You could get 4efte pistons and rods for next to nothing.

If the pistons are thick enough, you might be able to have the heads machined down a fraction to reduce the compression, but then this might weaken it too much so you won't be able to boost as high.

There's a few ways to do it. I used

Det 3 ecu

Glanza map sensor

Glanza injectors

Glanza sump

Ct9

Glanza manifold

Decat

And oil feed/return.

Intercooler and exhaust also needed

(Most of this I am selling in the for sale section)

There's a few ways to do it. I used

Det 3 ecu

Glanza map sensor

Glanza injectors

Glanza sump

Ct9

Glanza manifold

Decat

And oil feed/return.

Intercooler and exhaust also needed

(Most of this I am selling in the for sale section)

Just this all bolted to the 4efe and aaay you go basically? :)