• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeh it will be running maxed out i agree.. i just think you will be pushing the limits on the bottom end.. and of course it wont be shite when its forged, we both no that.. thats just obvious

okay rick but come on remapped stnd ecu and a signal fudger isnt great is it... seriously now.

i dont know, you tell me?

450 hp would seem to imply that it works quite well?

and yes, the stock bottom end is being worked. but for where we are with this project, its working just fine.

a blitz access is a remapped stock ecu, so is the JAM and the SARD ecus... are they shit aswell? they cant be! they are for the mighty starlet!

the ecu may be stock, but it has been remapped to suit the exact needs of the car. if we decide to push the car further, we may well go down the standalone route. but again, thats in the future, and we are all chuffed to bits with how its running right now.

yes im not saying its shite but all im saying is a standalone would be better as you have so much more flexability. if remapped stock ecu was the best you could get standalones wouldnt exist...

im not going to say anything else as wel just argue over it, but im glad your happy with it as it is atm. i look forward to seeing you guys hit great times, dont get me wrong!! and itl be interesting to see what both cars do this year.

thanks

si

i never said it was the best you can get. but for the power of the car right now, it works just fine.

you might squeeze a few more horses out of the engine with a standalone. but we dont want to, were happy with it as it is. when dave needs more power, then well step it up.

this arguement is basicallly going around in a massive circle...Fishy thinks the 200sx isnt going to do the times you say it will...and rick/ecksjay dont think his GT is going to do the times he said it will etc...

Everyone is contridicting them selves..someone says it will do a 11, and then it changes to a 12...Rick quotes that the turbo will max out at 500 ish..you then say you could run 600 on it etc...

You both doubt each others knowledge, you say fishy knows nothing...okay maybe he doesnt know as much as you...but its obviously you could make the car more reliable..and post more reliable times without stretching the engine as much if it was forged..

He doubs you knowlege after you said it takes 20+ hours to get a good tune on a Power FC....which is utter pish imo.

But I think we should now let this die down..and let each other do what they want to their cars, and not complain about each others decisions...

Thanks

Rob

im not complaining, ive just done alot of correcting.

im not going to deny that i dont think that a 250 hp, TD04 powered starlet will run an 11 second ET. i just dont think thats possible. no starlet with that power or turbo has ever ran an 11 second pass. wheras your doubts about the 200... well. there have been many many 11 second passes run in these in that sort of power band. fact over opinion matey :D

im also not denying that the 200 would be better if it were forged. we could really push it then. but as i said, we are happy with it how it is. forgies are in the future, also previousy said. and if you want to go into details, that turbo is rated around 500 hp on the box. but these are rough indications. we could probably push it further. if the turbo was struggling. well buy a bigger one for a few hundred quid. there are a ton of turbos that will fit on the manifold. i dont see why you are doubting the ability of the SR20? 600 hp isnt really that optimistic at all?

and as for my opinion on the power fc (not that it has ANYTHING to do with this topic). you can get a "good" tune in 4 or so hours. whenever i said that, i would have been referring to the fact that it isnt closed loop. which basically means that the ecu doesnt think for itself and only does what its told to within its map. ie. if you are driving on an abnormally hot day or your fuel is dodgy. and you start to pink. a closed loop ecu will realise this, and retard the ignition to compensate.

a power FC, will sit there, and quite happily watch let engine blow up without lifting a finger.

to get a power FC to the same level as a closed loop ECU like a FconV or something, it will take a LONG time (the 20 hours i mentioned wasnt me pulling a number out of my arse, one of the guys on scoobynet had his car road mapped for this long over the course of a month to get the map right).

go read up on closed loop stuff. and then come back and start giving me shit when you know what youre talking about :D

just because he's your big bro doesnt mean you need to stick up for him all the time ^^;

i dont see why you are doubting the ability of the SR20, 600 hp isnt really that optimistic at all?

just because he's your little bro doesnt mean you need to stick up for him all the time ^^;

No, i didnt say 600 wasnt acheiable on the engine..but on that turbo maybe..

and you have got that the wrong way round mate.

yaeh i know he was running stocks in there. just a good tune.

im worried about bending the shafts if i launch like that. they are only tiny :\

Rick,

Been told its stock shafts mate.