• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that was harry, who got an 11.7. he is the winz.

hes a seasoned drag racer whos put in MANY runs with that starlet of his.

and its on a fucking monsterous turbo. its also running mickey Ts. its a minted car.

afaik nobody in the uk has cracked the 11 second mark.

Fishy,

at the end of the day, you know very little, except for a few 'rumours' that you've heard (which you already disproved yourself).

Spending ALOT of money on a starlet, fully forging it, and being a seasoned drag veteran may well allow you into the 12's.

This S14 is running a STANDARD bottom end, that is, it's not forged, it is as it came from the factory. with a stonking great turbo.

on its first drag run EVER, in apalling conditions, it ran a 13.3.

As soon as the weather dries up, with some reasonable rubber, it'll SLAUGHTER into the 12's, i'm confident it'll be able to reach the 11's in the right weather.

As you've already said, you're spending, what, 9 grand on your starlet? this s14 has had considerably less than that spent on it, and it was all hand built by its owner, not handed over to a random company to build and then just returned to its owner. Its been built by the guy who's gonna be driving it, from the ground up. Its not just the engine which is spectacular, there are quite a few other parts on there which are drag specific, and will help it considerably when the conditions allow.

Feel free to spend all you want on a starlet, but that will never buy you experience. :D

I hope to see you on the strip this year, and i do look forward to be proven wrong. Whatever you think you may be able to do in yours, if given to dave, he would blow your times out of the water. Its very interesting when you think you can drive, and then you actually watch someone who makes you look like a child playing with a toy. I know, i've experienced it, and I will never have the ability that dave and i'm sure alot of other seasoned racing drivers have.

I'd love to be proven wrong, even if rick's manages to pull some quick times I will be surprised, just because they aren't built for drag use.

I know of 3 Starlets that have run 11's.

One was in Malta (might not count) and 2 in Aus.

EP's are definately not setup for drag, but they are capable of putting down great times for a FF. But this ofcourse = BIG £$£ AND knowledge.

When it comes to high powered FWD and RWD, there is no comparison really. RWD FTW.

I am running 275hp now and I am a QTR noob! I have run at York before and the strip is a disgrace. I get better grip on the road. I may go to Shakespear and give this QTR mile stuff another try and try put down some decent times.

Got a few things to sort out yet thou...including a QUAIFE :D

I am still on standard cams and have no head work...already used to the power. Everything feels slow again, but I aint pumping anymore money (well not a lot...yet) on the engine. Need to sort my exterior out and fit the bits in my attic, including some carbon goodies.

Rick,

Is there a thread to your TD06 build?

looks a tad quick, sounds like a bit of a ledge behind the wheel.

Rick out of interest how do you think you will fair against dave burwash's car, i know the spec isnt really known to the general public but you might know something the rest of us dont.

If i wanted something that would run low 13's down the quarter i know id rather spend money on the 200 than a starlet lol

i know a fair bit about daves car, and i know it scared me when he took me out in it.

but as for a comparison i dont know. ive never driven it. dave is a good driver. wed have to have a race or something. im sure we will at some point.

how do you think you will fair against dave burwash's car, i know the spec isnt really known to the general public but you might know something the rest of us dont.

i know some of the spec...not loads..but enough to know, that its an absolute machine...and is going to run some very quick times when it does :D

ecksjay i am confident i am going to hit 12's mate and im not drag veteran. im looking foraward to proving you wrong.

your engine is not spectacular you have a standard bottom end!!

i very much doubt you are going to run good 11's on the spec you have, the car could be so much better than it is, your running a remaped standard ECU :D with a signal fudger with standard bottom end.. running 1.5 bar?! and you say i have no knowlage?!? i know a fair ammount but i know enough to say that that set up is awful!!

at the end of the day you say you can chop 2 secs of your time and i say i can chop 2 secs of my time.. we have the same argument.

If i wanted something that would run low 13's down the quarter i know id rather spend money on the 200 than a starlet lol

thats because its alot easier to get a 200 to do quick times than a 1.3 fwd....

lol sorry mj just in abit of a grump about this lol :D

i very much doubt you are going to run good 11's on the spec you have, the car could be so much better than it is, your running a remaped standard ECU :D with a signal fudger with standard bottom end.. running 1.5 bar?! and you say i have no knowlage?!? i know a fair ammount but i know enough to say that that set up is awful!!

fishy, saying that just makes you sound like an ass, and just proves that you dont know as much as you think you do. just because starlets have shitty internals and ecus, doesnt mean other cars do.

just because it has a standard bottom end, doesnt mean its an "awful" setup. again, youre speaking with your tgtt knowledge again mate. you need to open your eyes and look outside of the starlet world youre in.

if dave decided to forge the bottom end (and he may) he can push it up to around 600 hp. will it still be shit then? this car isnt finished yet. as we've stated many times, this is a work in progress. 450hp is a lot of power to learn to use effectively before pushing it up further.

you may well hit 12s in your starlet, but it will be running it pretty much to the maximum of its abilities as an engine. the 200 will hit 12s with relative ease.

you have a quick starlet, yay, good for you :D now can we drop the ego? its an old toyota starlet ffs