• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

saw it yesterday, was okay, who ever was drving almost lost it on one run... 110mph+ terminal speeds ( didnt show the 1/4 mile time to spectators?!?! ) well done lads.

oh and everyone just for the record.. shakespeare is a dump lol, the surface is meant to be quite good though, so its useless unless your running :( lol

yeah, shakeys is a piece of shit, but the track itself is good, its better than santa pod.

yeah, the terminals were between 110 and 120 mph. the real problem was traction. dave didnt have any slicks, so we had to run on the just about legal eagle F1s. they had about 1.3 mm of tread. and he was spinning up LOTS and having to hold back on the throttle.

that 3rd gear kick out was a result of that, lol.

saw it yesterday, was okay, who ever was drving almost lost it on one run... 110mph+ terminal speeds ( didnt show the 1/4 mile time to spectators?!?! ) well done lads.

oh and everyone just for the record.. shakespeare is a dump lol, the surface is meant to be quite good though, so its useless unless your running :( lol

no, it was spectacular.

not many people can drift up a drag strip whilst trying to drive in a straight line. we were all worried, thinking it was gonna spin, the driver (Dave) was laughing histerically, without a care. he is fearless.

No other person on the planet could have got that car, on that day, up that strip any quicker than it ran. Dave truly is a driving genius.

If he had slicks (and not bald tyres), it would have been something truly magical. If it was 'ok', then please feel free to go up against it, or even ask to get it up there yourself without killing yourself (trust me when i say, you wont :p).

Fantastic car, and even better driving. TC has landed people.

No other person on the planet could have got that car, on that day, up that strip any quicker than it ran. Dave truly is a driving genius.

Bit of a bold statement, but then again you did say on that day and it is his car I suppose :(

no, it was spectacular.

not many people can drift up a drag strip whilst trying to drive in a straight line. we were all worried, thinking it was gonna spin, the driver (Dave) was laughing histerically, without a care. he is fearless.

If he had slicks (and not bald tyres), it would have been something truly magical. If it was 'ok', then please feel free to go up against it, or even ask to get it up there yourself without killing yourself (trust me when i say, you wont :D).

Fantastic car, and even better driving. TC has landed people.

okay deal, lol we shall race at jap show june :D i should be done by then.

yeh but i would have prefered to see ricks td06 go up....

fishy, if you have a starlet, daves will beat it.

its faster than my glanza, and not many starlets are as quick as mine.

and if i had ran the glanza there, the world would have ended. that is too much TC for one location mate.

if they'd have done a fastest toyota caregory though, i could have probably won that, only thing there was shitty supras.

who knows, i think itl be interesteing, i have a couple of surprises up my sleve..

what 1/4 time did it post?? at the end of the day its only 400bhp its not that fast..

and please quit all this too much tc for one location thing shite.. its bollocks.

also big blues supra didnt run, that would have mowed your drag car through the floor and thats street spec..

fishy, if you have a starlet, daves will beat it.

its faster than my glanza, and not many starlets are as quick as mine.

and if i had ran the glanza there, the world would have ended. that is too much TC for one location mate.

if they'd have done a fastest toyota caregory though, i could have probably won that, only thing there was shitty supras.

lols, woke up on the wrong side of the bed did you? im sorry for joking about... chill out noob

a totally mad starlet, wont beat daves up the strip. he was running low 13s with bald F1s on, while wheel spinning for over half the track. once he gets the mickey Ts on and can actually launch/grip, he'll cut a good second or 2 off his time. the car isnt fully mapped yet, the track was damp, etc. you also have to remember thats the first time dave had ever driven the car...

unless you have a pretty mad spec'd starlet, you wont beat him in an EP. your "project 250" has an impressive spec list. but running a td04 on a FWD 1.3 engine isnt going to be breaking records. youll be quick for a starlet, but you wont touch a 450+ hp 200SX mate.

also, theres no doubt a drag orentated supra would beat a starlet. i can tell you that for free. i said, IF id have ran, it would have beaten all the other toytas that ran. which it would have quite easily. i wouldnt even bother racing a drag supra, itd be a waste of fuel.

Fishy, you have a starlet, even the quickest starlet in development (i.e ricks) doesn't hold a candle to daves.

Its not 'just' 400bhp, it is in fact alot more, not forgetting the fact that the torque figure is astronomical.

Starlets are not drag cars, or race cars, neither are S14's, but if you really feel that ANY starlet could get up the strip (in the wet) quicker than dave's S14, then he would gladly take up that challenge.

If you own a starlet, i can assume you are quite young? Dave has been drag racing, stockrod racing, and circuit racing since the age of about 6 or 7. He is a genius behind the wheel, you have no idea or appreciation of what we're talking about.

I am right in saying that the car on that day couldn't have run any quicker, he drove that car to the max on that day, in apalling condition with terrible tyres.

How many starlets (outside of malta, due to their downhill/1/8mile strip :D) do you know that regularly compete in drag competitions, and win?

None.

Rick's will be devestating when its finished, but even he will admit that it is not a drag car, they just aren't designed for it. Neither do many people in this country have the ability or knowledge to set them up for drag, or drive them to their limits.

That is, UNLESS you've spent you're life drag racing.

If TC offends you so much fishy, then you can easily refrain from posting in this thread. It's obviously too much for you to handle so we really aren't concerned with your opinion - we know what we know, rick knows more about starlets than pretty much anyone on this forum, if you know something he doesn't, then I expect we'll see you with your own forum and starlet drag team sometime soon eh? :D

As above, the quickest toyota of the day was pretty damn pathetic. You're honestly saying that rick couldn't have beaten that blue supra?

Considering it didn't run, then i'd bet my house that he would have beaten it on that day. Walking. In a sleeping back. Whilst masturbating.

yeah, dave has it in the blood.

has anyone heard of "psycho" Phil Drewitt? he is considered by many in the game a european legend when it comes to drag racing, in several classes (Street eliminator all the way up to super gas)..

yeah, thats daves dad....

hehe i thought this might set off war.. but you tc guys sure dont like a lil bit of confrontation.. or when

the s14 is doubted..

do you know what that supra is running? i guess not, or you wouldnt say ricks would have it.

lawls.

you misread that fishy mate. he said id have beaten it on the day, and i would have because it didnt run. thats what he was getting at.

and we dont mind critisism. but its just silly to say that a starlet will beat a drag prepped 200sx. because it just wont. it would be like me saying i can beat a drag supra. i know i cant so i dont say it.

im no drag racer, and id be over the moon at low 13s in my glanza. and the 200 is running that with the odds stacked against it.

ill have a blap with you up the qtr, itll be nice to see how the td04 will compare response wise against the td06.

not not having a go just i think it would be interesting.. yeh rick il get mowed by td06, its a drag spec turbo. the td04 is tiny.. itd just pick up quicker and launch well with the quafie diff.. i would like to have a go though. when will it be finished?

Si

and im not trying to be cal lol

i got a quaife aswell mate. thats why i suggested it.

id probably catch you after the 960 marker but the start id be like der lagz.

and itll be fully mapped next wednesday... soon... needs to sort out the fueling a bit more, its running too rich at lower revs.

you sound more like cal than cal does mate.

seriously, if you're going to critisise, which is fine, then do so with knowledge, or some research, or even just reading our posts.

Rick would have beaten that supra on the day, yes. Read the posts again. Then punch yourself.

A high power starlet will be digging holes, end of story. I now know what you're going to be running, and i'll say it again.

Just try to go up alongside Dave, please, just try. He wouldn't even waste his time on it, even if it was the quickest starlet in the world. He'd even offer to let you drive his S14 up the strip if you thought you could get it up the strip faster. I'm sure he'd take you for a ride to show you how its done, because this is clearly something you know NOTHING about.

Drag is in his blood, end of story. Unless you've been drag racing (both competing and attending) events since a fetus, then you really do have no idea what we're talking about.

We don't even understand it, we just support him in every way we can. Dave is drag. Psycho Dave, as i'm sure he's soon to be known :D

Feel free to pop down to taunton on sunday (if the weather is dry), as thats where he'll be again, perfecting launches (it is only a 1/8mile, so not really one for high speed runs, but perfect for launch practice).

I may well even be having a go too, which will be interesting, as I myself am a complete drag noob.

all i said is i dont think its as fast as you think.. thats all and thats my opinion.

i dunno if you saw it but there was a 5e pushing 260 - 280 whp at pod at fs and it ran low - mid 11's.. just something to think about..

you sound more like cal than cal does mate.

seriously, if you're going to critisise, which is fine, then do so with knowledge, or some research, or even just reading our posts.

Rick would have beaten that supra on the day, yes. Read the posts again. Then punch yourself.

A high power starlet will be digging holes, end of story. I now know what you're going to be running, and i'll say it again.

Just try to go up alongside Dave, please, just try. He wouldn't even waste his time on it, even if it was the quickest starlet in the world. He'd even offer to let you drive his S14 up the strip if you thought you could get it up the strip faster. I'm sure he'd take you for a ride to show you how its done, because this is clearly something you know NOTHING about.

Drag is in his blood, end of story. Unless you've been drag racing (both competing and attending) events since a fetus, then you really do have no idea what we're talking about.

We don't even understand it, we just support him in every way we can. Dave is drag. Psycho Dave, as i'm sure he's soon to be known :D

Feel free to pop down to taunton on sunday (if the weather is dry), as thats where he'll be again, perfecting launches (it is only a 1/8mile, so not really one for high speed runs, but perfect for launch practice).

I may well even be having a go too, which will be interesting, as I myself am a complete drag noob.

wow, e-pinions for the complete loss...too much keyboard ego Fishy

And that is just a load of bull, anything you said...I don't pretend to know of the car that apparently ran your 11s time (1/8mi most definitely), but if the most seasoned drag racers in Australia, New Zealand, Malta and America...struggle to hit 11's with their 300whp and above cars...yeah, no way in hell.