buying my first glanza

Evening all!

Looking at getting a glanza in the very near future I know what I'm after but putting it in to words is proving difficult. Looking at around £2000-£2500 not to fussed if it isn't immaculate but nothing that's been messed around with (crazy Bhp ect). Any ideas on best places to look or anyone who is selling that'd be great :)

Thanks

Hayley

Welcome

Try not to buy one to cheap, it's more than likely going to be knackered.

Normally for a nice standard one private sale is around £3800 & up, trade dealer​s can be £6000 up.

I would stay away from the cheap ones unless you know what your looking at🙂

Thanks mart, I'd love to import one but I just can't stretch to that amount lol. If the right one came up I'd spend the money. Anyone had any experience with"motor hub" in West Yorkshire? They have a few on their website but it's a fair way for me to travel to go look :)

Thanks mart, I'd love to import one but I just can't stretch to that amount lol. If the right one came up I'd spend the money. Anyone had any experience with"motor hub" in West Yorkshire? They have a few on their website but it's a fair way for me to travel to go look :)

Stay well away.

A nice grade 4 import is the best way, your probably looking at £4000 to £5000, grade 3.5 a little cheaper.

Go on www.JDMauctionwatch.com you can see what comes up on car auctions, plus Patrick who imports is very helpful🙂

I've just had a quick nosey at it on Facebook and it does look very nice, still got the standard exhaust system too, ask if they have got any more pics and import papers to back the milage up, cannot see this hanging around for long.

Can i just let you know, i have just done a MOT history check and the milage states 11 February 2017 135,444 Kms but back in 14 November 2015 it says 152,380 Kms hmmm you need to ask what's going off with the milage?.

From the past MOT history though nothing to bad standing out from what i can see.

Do you know how to go on gov mot history check? It's on the net just put the reg in P435CCT and Toyota then you will see MOT history.

Edited by mart1

Your welcome, if you need to know anything else I'm happy to help if I can:-) if you do go and view the car then I would advise to take someone in the know about cars, its a mine field out there lol

Good luck

Don't assume just because a car is a fresh import its a better car than one thats been in the UK for a while. Also mileage isn't always a good indicator to go on. Rough starlets can have strong engines and vice versa. Mine was bought off a infamous seller on here, loads of cars had issues from him but mine had a strong engine. Important thing is you weigh up whats worth more, clean shell, good engine etc unless something ticks all the boxes!

Import papers aren't really that important, they arent a definite indication of the cars actual mileage

You'll be fine then with your other half, shame he hasn't got any import papers, I would ask if he imported the car or who imported it or did he just buy the car in the UK? I normally like to buy a car that's got some import papers such as the car import de-registration form which backs up the milage before the car gets to the UK because some people clock them when they arrive in the UK before re register.

Also ask if he knows at all if the car went through jap auction and what grade? But if he just bought the car from the UK then obviously he's not going to know much about it's history.