Right,

Normally i'd try and get this info from work as i work in a law firm but i can't leave it until Monday.

For the past year and a half i have parked in the same place. It is on the completely on the pavement against the wall of a factory on a road near work. The area is a bit dodgy but the owner of the factory like my car when i got it and said he would keep an eye out for it.

BUT...

Thursday night i approached my car. There was a police Fiesta next to it but on the road. I got in and put my wheel on and started up. I didn't even put it in gear or rev it, i just let it roll 10 yards to get off the pavement. Suddenly i hear shouting.

"Oi why the hell are you whizzing down the pavement?"

I turned around to see this smart arse cop shouting this at me. i began with "i would hardly call it driving. Im rolling really aren't I? Your making it sound like I am rally driving down it."

"Your driving pal and i could get you to sent to court for it and your car crushed." As you can imagine im shitting it.....not.

"Im sure you could."

"I can and will pal. Why are you parking on the pavement? Thats illegal. We could lift your car into a compound for that." Still trying to make me me quiver.

"Im still 100% your right BUT i have been parking here for well over a year and i've never had a problem with the police that have approached me or traffic wardens so why is that? AND there is no sign whatsoever sying i can't park there"

"I can get you in to trouble if i see it again there"

"Clearly from your answer you still need some training as you have avoided my question completely" I knew i shouldn't have said that as it was a bit below the belt. He then give me a magical piece of paper that says a load of crap about the law (working in a law firm i think i can research myself). He then took my details down and says "your gonna hear from us."

"I'll look forward to it"

Im sure that it is frowned upon to park on the pavement and you could get the police knocking at the door if you did it in a residential area. But this is an industrial road where all the suits of the town park completely on the pavement. I've never had any trouble ever from police or wardens there ever and neither has anyone else. Usually im nice to the police as they are doing a job but this guy was a cocky git so i gave him the same back.

So am i in trouble????

On a side note the two front tyres on my car are pretty dam bald. I say bald i really mean slicks as i've been travelling a lot away from home without my car and not had time to swap them. There is a set in my garage waiting to go on tomorrow. So three points a wheel, £1000 fine a wheel but the eagle eyed bobby didn't spot them but the parking he did. Wow these people are looking after us. Im sure.

Nope no pictures. Just a twat with a pen thats all.

That was the only time i have drove the car since you came up the other week Dub. Pot luck or what. The day i drive it some bulb comes and has a go at me. Don't worry though. Tyres are getting changed asap :)

Bourkey

some coppers are just idiots, think they are big once they have the authority, pain in the ass, had a few times them troubling me before, but most are alright just doing their job.

my mum has followed coppers along a wide lone mainly straight built up road in taunton before, 30mph, my mum was right up his arse doing 25 and then he sped up a bit, mum now creeps up to 30 and hes still getting away.

point is, they are allowed to speed, but we get points when we do, he didnt have no lights or sirens though!!

they do it all the time mate, really, from all the stories ive heard, you need to take them with a pinch of salt

Sounds like a big headed copper to me, you get them now and again or maybe a bit more often :p

I wouldnt worry about it mate you was hardly doing anything wrong, how else would you get it off the pavement other than driving/rolling off it :p

Funnily enough I had a letter off the courts today saying the fine has gone from £30 to £45,

I had a seat belt fine over a month ago, but the thursday before easter I rang to pay it but it was shut for easter and back open the Tuesday after. I thought fine I will ring again Tuesday- no answer, Wednesday-no answer, Thusday-no answer, Friday no answer :)

By this time it was too late looks like im going to have to go to teh station and explain but cant see me getting very far :)

USELESS!!!!!!

sounds like he's chatting shit, wait to see if anything comes of it, did he give you a producer? caution you? say he was going to report you for the offence?

who owns the bit of land you were parked on? company? private land? council? wouldn't lose sleep over it mate

but yeah, get your tyres changed, not because you'll get fined, but before you kill your self!

The pavement that i was parked on was council owned.

Like i said, i don't usually mind the police but there is a good percentage of dicks that give them a bad name.

Don't worry the tyres are sorted. The others were cheap nankangs a got for the MOT in October but they wore down extremely fast. Barley gripped even when they were new.

Bourkey

im with ryno, sounds like crap man, no photos no proof.

just keep an eye out for anything in the post, and if necessary have a word with some of the folk u work with that could defend u, shouldnt be too hard. i wouldnt expect it to go to court anyway, dont think a court would really deem it worthy of wasting their time.

Phil.

hmmm well it sounds to me, going on my years of professional opinion that his wife is cheating on him most probable with the post man, but in this sacristans it cooed be with a norther woman due to his wee Willy winkey thats why he wanted to feel big with his badge you see

hmmm well it sounds to me, going on my years of professional opinion that his wife is cheating on him most probable with the post man, but in this sacristans it cooed be with a norther woman due to his wee Willy winkey thats why he wanted to feel big with his badge you see

LMFAO!!! *Wipes tear from eye*

:) :) :p :P

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that is mint. Hats off to you mate that made me cry!!!!!

Bourkey

LMFAO!!! *Wipes tear from eye*

:) :) :p :P

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that is mint. Hats off to you mate that made me cry!!!!!

Bourkey

its the anser to anything like, the man at the UKSC meet in Edinburgh lol

You didn't diss his fiesta!!! He's clearly not a high up copper if they make him drive that!!!

i you shooed of

i hate police with there im abouve the law i like to tell people what to do. especially women police officers. all a bunch of bankers trying to get hold of our money. i could go on about this subject for hours. all governements are corrupt and thats the truth. search david icke on you tube some of his stuff is really interesting

I was in my work van coming home last week and i was a bit over the speed limit and didn't realise there was a police van following me, he followed me into the services and tried to say exactly the same thing. I asked if he had video recording equipment in his van, he didn't so i said how are you going to take me to court with no evidence? lol. It is one law for them and one law for us, just like that copper who got caught doing 160mph in his car because he wanted to test the top speed. I magine if we got pulled over and gave that excuse.

yeah enzo, isn't it some thing along the lines of something to do with if you have been caught speeding, and the copper has no recording of it, then he can't do fuck all, but if there is a second cop with him, but still no evidence, then they can still fuck you over, providing they both give the same (or rough idea) account of the incident?

Good point Geo but the bobby was on his own.

It looked like he had just been given his badge and wanted to tell someone off. I intend to park in exactly the same place next week as well. I'd love to see them try and lift the car as there is cars bumper to bumper on the pavement then there is cars parked next to us on the road. So im surrounded by cars making it impossible for the lift to get near me. But where there is a will there is a way no doubt.

Bourkey

Some chava was trying to race my mate in his 3oo+ bhp 200sx, the chav got caught by a copper on his speed gun doing 105mph but my mate was overtaking him at the time doing a lot more. The copper done the lad in the corsa and tried doing my mate as well, he had no evidence and my mate knew it. Instead of just saying you have no proof i was doing that speed as you only caught the corsa, he decided to have an argument with the copper and got an asbo on his car lmao.