Dean-RW-Developments TD04 Sportif Turbo 5E Beast/piece of crap!!fire starter

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

another small update, 1 of my mates sold his starlet gt i asked nicely for his jam fcd ut unfortunatly he sold it with the car, but he did give me his flare with the brackets which was a bonnus :thumbsup: a had to install the brackets but didnt like where they usually sit as there pretty hidden so put the brackets where i felt looked the best.

Image322.jpg

Image323.jpg

Image334.jpg

should be able to start buying a few things soon! carnt wait

comments welcome

Dean :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

update, its been a while but im still doing small bits and bobs, ive got a fairly big update coming in the next month or so lol but for now. i recently got a set of new sparkplugs which are working well some NGK BKR7E £2.30 each and ive also managed to get some ngk blue leads brand new!this was a must. the rain killed the other leads.

pics...

Image349.jpg

Image350.jpg

Image361.jpg

Image362.jpg

Image363.jpg

i plan on getting loads of little things done over the next few weeks so your gonna see lots more diy modifications lol

comments welcome

Dean

• 2 weeks later...

last weekend i wrote a list of things that needed fixing or doing most of which were free modifications :lol:

once i started writing this list i couldnt stop, and this was only things to fix in the next month lol

so a few things i ticked off the list were

1)untangle and adjust the 3 point harnesses

2)fix air filter bracket

3)order new tires

4)tighten the bumber wing bolt wrattle

5)adjust the bonnet pins

6)adjust my gauge din

7) make a new throttle bracket!!!

belive me there an a4 list here of just fixing stuff lol, anyway im well chuffed with my throttle bracket, ever since i did the 4efte conversion half of my throttle pedal was slack due to the different length of the inlet so thought it was time to make a new bracket to allow no slack and full throttle.

pics im well chuffed with how it looks and the difference it made!

the beginning

Image419.jpg

drilled and bent

Image408.jpg

shaped and cut for throttle cable

Image410.jpg

after a polish

Image415.jpg

Image414.jpg

fitted had to cut more off so the cable didnt catch

Image416.jpg

Image417.jpg

all back together

Image418.jpg

this has made such a difference the cars alot faster and more responsive with the extra 3rd or so of throttle lol

i need a fcd really bad now cuz fuel cut is really bad now words carnt explain! once thats sorted it should be nippy. can hardly touch the throttle without fc at the min.

will update on the tick list soon :lol:

@ idrees, cheers mate pleanty more to come

@ ian thanks for the advice im taking it easy for the next 2 weeks then hopefully getting a fc defender, will the hks std one do for now until i get the ultimate? i was gonna set it on number 8? any recomendations?thanks

@ markoos, il keep updated on the mods but im keeping 1 hush for a lil while longer lol.

@ Nanglebadger thanks for the comments greatly appreacheate it :lol:

more coming soon hopefully :lol:

Dean

• 3 weeks later...

small update.

not really done much just been doing things on my fix tick list,

i did a tempary repair on my door where i ripped the paint off taking the bump strips off so give it some paint to stop rust. ive been fixing some of the rattles and re fibreglassed the corner of the front bumper where it split dropping off a curb! ive also ported my waste gate and turbo a few weeks back,

2 weeks ago i decided to adjust the rear wheel bearings, i also took both the rear rusty drums off sanded them as best as i could to bear metal using the angle grinder lol then re painted them black. my diy skills then kicked in ......

Image445.jpg

Image446.jpg

yes grooved drums, before i did them i rfully marked them out and worked out the dirrection of the grooves so they didnt grab. and im not just saying this but they do feel sharper. there 12 groove with 1mm deep grooves lol

i then finishedthem with some nice gloss black!

ive also aquired some parts such as new carpet and rear plastics ready for flocking! my old ones were cracked.

ive also got a hks fcd but waiting to get a sard rrfpr, uprated fuel pump, hks actuator, then setup on RR.

i also have a few other parts but youl see lol, just awaiting a service.

comments wecome, more coming soon

Dean

• 2 months later...