Dean-RW-Developments TD04 Sportif Turbo 5E Beast/piece of crap!!fire starter

hello everyone!

thought id share a few pics of my car. its starlet spoftif 1998 4efe with a fair few mods done

the first few pics will be of my first car as i didnt take any pics when i first got my second starlet

this is how it all started..

deanstoyotastarlet.jpg lol

wen i got it back to the house it looked really clean but plain :) i set about polishing it straight away!

toyotastarletDeans2.jpg

what a beast lol

toyotastarletDeans3.jpg

toyotastarletDeans-1.jpg

lots more to come... :)

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok i had the car 5 muinites and it already started to bore me so i set about starting my first mod

so i gave the rear lights a slight tint with a logo just 2 giv it that 1 off look

before.

toyotastarletDeans-2.jpg

after..

IM000560.jpg

IM000559.jpg

i think they came out quite well! they are darker than in the pics its just because of the camera flash! :)

soon after doing my rear lights i booked my car in at MIJ performance

i decided i wanted a ss cat back system with the middle box removed and the backbox on a slight slant

so it would give it that jdm look! when i went there i supplied them with my own backbox. i went for an apexi N1 carbon backbox.

toyotastarletDeans4.jpg

toyotastarletDeans5.jpg

when i got it home after my parents moaning about the noise lol

bdd65c8e.jpg

the back box i supplied as i didnt really like any of there jap style exhausts.

82229f2d.jpg

any comments welcome not too harsh tho lol :)

ok i now had the exhaust done so i thought it was time for an airfilter!

so ebay got me a bargin in a real blitz sus induction kit! only paid £18 in box.

db2be9dd.jpg

i got fitting it straight away with a short piece of crome piping and some house hold piping made me an adaptor. DIY :)

toyotastarletDeans7.jpg

toyotastarletDeans6.jpg

took it for a spin and god it sucks like mad it sounds like a vaccum lol :)

did mij charge you a lot for the exhaust, as they qouted my frend £400 for a font exit on an ep82. from what ive saw of your car out ont he road it looks damn sexy ive been hoping to catch the driver in lichfield so many times and now i have haha,.

did mij charge you a lot for the exhaust, as they qouted my frend £400 for a font exit on an ep82. from what ive saw of your car out ont he road it looks damn sexy ive been hoping to catch the driver in lichfield so many times and now i have haha,.

mij charged £140 for the cat back that was because i supplied my own backbox.

if your after a cheap new back box go on ebay and have a look at the ones for the civics u can pick up a decent backbox with the bend over the axel for around £40 from some of these jdm shops on ebay als u need is the back box.

ok sorry every one if this is coming together slowly its just that im trying to cram in about two and a half years worth of starleting.

ok slight update i decided that something needed to be done with the front bumper

the DIY begins..

i began by applying abit of mesh

toyotastarletDeans13-1.jpg

i played around on the computer abit and decided i was gonna add a splitter to the front bumper

i had a leguna splitter but decided against so i got this instead

toyotastarletDeans13.jpg

toyotastarletDeans10-1.jpg

toyotastarletDeans12.jpg

toyotastarletDeans14.jpg

toyotastarletDeans15.jpg

Flooping hell. Ther is so many pics my laptop has crashed. I will have to load up the PC for this one.

Keep up the good work. I'll let you know when my engine is in so you can have a butchers at it. I may even come to you to run it in.

Bourkey

i still needed to do some alterations with the bumper but thought id leave it for another day!

so i was thinking of free mods when a brainwave..

dean003.jpg

yes my mom had a spare mini vaccum, this was to become my new air intake lol :)

so i began measuring it for the bonnet so i could get the angle right!

now everyone please dont jump to conclusions because i am no chav or barry!

trial fits..

toyotastarletDeans25.jpg

toyotastarletDeans26.jpg

ok it now needs colour coding

dean004.jpg

dean005.jpg

i soon got into fitting it and cut the hole int the bonnet to feed the air. :)

ok the bumper looked slightly bare and with the new scoop id just painted i chought i would alter the bumper and the bonnet at the same time! so i soon got on the net and brought a few things

foglights and some metal bumper corner cannards, unfortunatly at the time i couldnt get my hands on any carbon fibre ones.

R4HLA131.2.jpg

when i fitted everything it looked a little like this..

IM000087-1.jpg

i also sprayed the side trims on the doors.

IM000088-1.jpg

ok im not really keen on the silver mesh i think i might spay it black or dark grey when i can be bothered!

i also decided to take the toyota badge off the front.

20882453a3676700332b458869647l.jpg

now im thinking of putting sum black wheels on it with a lip - this is just a ruff idea

toyotastarletDeanstvr.jpg

haha lol crap attempt but gives me a fuff idea at the time.

now for the interior from day 1 of owning my starlet i ripped the rear seats out so there would be no confussion with me been a taxi for my friends.

i didnt want the back of the car to look crap and i still wanted sum sort of a soundsystem, so i went and got.

a sheet of perspex (very light)

vibe 6x9 s

whiteline strutbrace

12inch fly active sub.

sparco gear knob and pedals

and a few cans of spray paint.

also 2 reclinable seats only tempary until i get some carbon fibre ones :p

when i got the perspex it was clear so i cut out the holes for the 6x9s and sprayed it metalic black then held a can of candy purple paint from a distance so it put a slight purple overspray tinge to it.

deansstarletnew010.jpg

more pics to come :(

update. i hated how dirty the engine bay looked so it was time to sort a few things out.

toyotastarletDeans7.jpg

i got to work on the rocker cover and orderd my blue radiator piping a square numberplate and i also had some perspex left over so i built myself what may have been the first na radiator pannel lol :(

IM000095-1.jpg

IM000097-1.jpg

IM000096-1.jpg

the rocker cover looks better but isnt at the level i want it i want it to be polished like mad lol

nevermind just abit more work!

after a long time choosing what sort of alloys i should go for i finally choose these as they still kept with the style i was going.

the momo corse wheels

MOMO_CORSE_BLACK.jpg

i got them in 15s and wrapped in toyo 195/50/15 tyres.

deansstarletnew003.jpg

IM000098-1.jpg

i love this pic th bumper cannards also make such a difference to the looks of the car!

needs lowering though it looks like its on stilts lol