Dean-RW-Developments TD04 Sportif Turbo 5E Beast/piece of crap!!fire starter

not long after fitting the alloys i took my test and passed first time. :p

because i brought the car when i was 16 it meant that i could save and modify the car before i passed my test which is what i did. i also took my pass plus which got my insurance down!

unfortunatly a few weeks after passing my test due to lack of experience and crapy road conditions i smashed the car, meaning i had to get a new car :D

a few weeks later i purchased an identicle white starlet lol. all my friends said i was mad buying the same car again, but i knew i had know where near finished what i wanted to do with one of these little starlets, i had big plans :D

after several conversations with the insurance company they finally decided to let me have all my modified parts back off the car!

this was my new car i just needed to swap all the bits over then begin modifying again :(

toyotastarletebay.jpg

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

asoon as i got the car home from manchester i began swapping everything back over from my old car

i was really annoyed as all of the hard work had been wasted and i also needed to relace a few modified parts that were wrecked

bumper splitter needed re painting

had to order new momo wheel

tint my new back lights with trd logo

and get my exhaust re welded because i had to cut it off my old car.

so i took all my interior out apart from my seat and went to mij performance again so they could reweld my exhaust whilst i was there i had them weld my exhaust in sections with flanges so it could be removed easily in future, i also had a detachable decat pipe that bolted in so i could put my cat back on for my mot.

bdd65c8e.jpg

my new decat pipe

2a55b22c.jpg

on the way back from getting my exhaust done with my newly fitted decat pipe on. a police officer pulled me and gave me abit of advice it went abit like this " your exhaust is way too loud i could hear it from miles away it needs to be quietened down because if i see you again with your exhaust been that loud i will give you a section 59 for noise polution" or somat like that.

i took his advice and took it off as it was slightly over the top lol :(

finally 4 weeks after ordering my new wheel it arrived from italy! i got straight into fitting them as i had alraedy transfered all of my old cars mods on to my new one. i also fitted some 40mm lowering springs because as everyone knows the starlets handeling isnt the best! i will get coilovers on a later date.

this is how it looked after the transformation.

deansstarletnew003.jpg

deansstarletnew005-1.jpg

deansstarletnew004-1.jpg">

my new jap numberplate fitted to the rear.

deansstarletnew002-1.jpg

deansstarletnew001-1.jpg

any comment welcome :(

when i transfered all of my interior i decided i needed some harnesses to go with the seats so i got some sparco 3 point harnesses.

updates of my interior..

deansstarletnew011.jpg

deansstarletnew012.jpg

deansstarletnew009.jpg

deansstarletnew007.jpg

deansstarletnew006.jpg

deansstarletnew008.jpg

after trying the harnesses i was well impressed with how well they held me in the seat theye were abit restrictive so i slackened them off slightly!

ok i now wanted to change the cars image slightly because unfortunatly one of my clear lenses broke resulting in me putting the old orange ones back on the bonnet also got dented so i ordered a glanza one which unknown to me at the time is obviously slightly overhanging, i was gonna sum day swap the lights and bumper for somsort of glanza style one so it didnt reli matter!

im keeping it black :p

IM000041-1.jpg

i also made a new radiator pannel as i broke the old perspex one. the new one was aliminium instead.

IM000040-1.jpg

IM000042-1.jpg

IM000043-1.jpg

the bonnet needs slight adjustment!

IM000045-1.jpg

IM000046-1.jpg

soon after fitting the bonnet it started to snow, this was a problem as i didnt have the scoop for the bonnet so i made what i thought was a tempary messure but has now been on the car for well over a year lol.

IM000044-1.jpg

:(

haha time for an update on my new engine bay! my new rocker cover was just as bad as the last one so i started cleaning and polishing it i also cleaned the rest of the engine bay and took several parts off for spraying! i hate rust!

IM000311-1.jpg

the polishing came out ok but not crisp, so i moved on so sanding and spraying a few fusty bolt on bits such as the radiatior brackets. i also added the trd decal wat do u think?

i first sprayed all the items gloss black, then for the extra detail.

IM000299.jpg

IM000306.jpg

IM000300.jpg

IM000305.jpg

attention to detail lol :(

IM000302.jpg

IM000301.jpg

radiator bottle bracket

IM000303.jpg

battery clamp

IM000304.jpg

IM000307.jpg

both battery clamps

IM000308.jpg

fitted

IM000309.jpg

IM000310-1.jpg

also got some new clear indicators

watdo u think? still needs abit of work

ok bumped into a problem! on the way home whilst following a few of my friends my car began 2 missfire i couldnt go over 30. the next day i did a compression test and found that cylinders 1 and 2 had no compression wat so ever? my head gasket had gone.

i got straight to work with stripping it and sending the head to be tested and skimmed, within 3 days everthing was back togerther along with my new bits of blue piping.

the build,

deansnewcarpics004.jpg

deansnewcarpics005.jpg

deansnewcarpics002.jpg

deansnewcarpics006.jpg

deansnewcarpics007.jpg

whilst the head was off i decided it needed abit of paint :(

deansnewcarpics008.jpg

working fine after putting it back together!

more recent update i decided that the only thing rewening the interior of my car was the standard door material! so went and got some seude material just so the interior didnt look granified lol.

deansnewcarpics001.jpg

i had loads of material left so i decided my some thing could be done with the sewin machine

my new gear gaiter

0e594626.jpg

and handbrake gaitior

37dd48ef.jpg

89a535fc.jpg

everything matches now.

Holy crap you weren't kidding when you told me about that rocker cover the other day!!!!!!!!

***Looks at new engine to see what Dean can polish****

I may have to send a few things your way if it's that good.

Bourkey

Nice car mate :p

What front slitters that what u nic it off? :D

Im hunting for one for mine but every1s got a laguna 1 so was thinkg of goin with a bit of a DIY custom job

Interior looks prety sweet all colour coded up :p

Was it dificult to fit the suade 2 the door panel?

Nice work dude although I think the front splitter doesn't look right at all. I would get rid of that and fit a nice subtle spoiler to the back, would look sweet imo.

Also, you thought of colour coding the wing mirrors?

the splitter is off a seat ibiza when i fitted it i was 16 but soon enough i will have a whole new kit to put on to as i am going to do the glanza conversion on it im just not to sure what kit yet? ive also sorted the mirrors as i should have some carbon fibre ones within the next month! :p