Dean-RW-Developments TD04 Sportif Turbo 5E Beast/piece of crap!!fire starter

ahhhh i was gonna get a hks one just until i get an uprated ecu? wats wrong with the hks ones? im just scared of blowin it up it hits fuel cut so easy and really fast, im also only running standard actuator but was gonna get the hks one with the fuel cutr defednder in place too? would this be ok hks one is better than hitting fc all the time???

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a HKS FCD but i haven't fitted it yet, it's cutting for a reason as a saftey device so there is obviously something wrong. You would rather have it cutting than blowing up :blink:. The HKS ones can be dangerous but if you use them sensibly then im sure you will be fine. Dub Se7en has one on his and hasn't had a problem with it.

The reason it is hitting it so fast is due to the spring in the standard actuator being considerably weaker. The spring in the HKS actuator is much stronger. Get a standard one and a HKS one and pull on them and you will see what i mean. You can also solve the fuel cut with an electronic boost controller i think. Im sure Sicaln has one with a standard actuator.

The HKS actuator solved the problem for me anyway and since we have identical engines it wil probably do the same. I even had the same fuel cutting problem as you for about two weeks until i got an actuator. It was as soon as the engine tickled boost it felt like hitting a wall.

Let me know what happens bud.

Bourkey

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

so havent really updated lately lol, so need to start updating as theres always stuff changing on the car, so as some of you may be aware i had a really bad shaking problem with the car but know 1 knew what it was.... all fixed now, thanks to my mate breaking his paseo for spares. so i desided i wanted the gearbox cups and the drive shafts, when i came to fitting them after taking apart everthing the new driveshafts fitted in the gearbox end but were thicker with different spline count so didnt fit my hubs.

so then i also had his hubs ,discs,and callipers so basically the whole gt conversion took a fair few hours to swap everything but fortunatly i kept my hubs and callipers with the 3g 10 groove discs and mintexx 1144 pads.... but now its all fixed and running fine

the old driveshaft and cup lolz

Image070.jpg

Image071.jpg

my new brakes ...

Image090.jpg

Image084.jpg

the brakes are spot on now, i wasnt planning on swapping the breaks but its all good now cuz ive got the gt hubs so i can put some 4 pots straight on now

when i get some lol, i also had a drivers side door handle cuz mine snapped in the frost... and the paseo clocks :lol:

will update more soon...

Dean

another update.

resently my decat has been a night mare ever since i fitted it i couldnt get the bolts as tight as i would have liked because the heat wrap and how everythink gets in the way, but the other week the car was seriously slow and i could hear the exhaust blowing so checked the decat to find only 1 bolt holding t on. so had to refit it again... but on friday the same thing happened again even though i had put lock tight on. :lol:

so on friday i took it to my mates house cuz he has a car pit! and decided the only way to fit it properly was to take the turbo off

now its mint and more responsive than its ever been

few pics

Image107.jpg

Image105.jpg

Image106.jpg

decided to port the wastegate abit didnt do the whole thing due to lack of dremal parts lol, hasnt hit fuel cut since

Image109.jpg

badly leaking decat as you can see

Image108.jpg

strapped back on with tons of locktight and put 2 nuts on each thread to make sure it neva bothers me again :)

Image112.jpg

all in all job well done made such a difference to the sound and performance!

been busy so more updates cumming....

comments welcome

Dean

I have just sat and read right through this thread from the start, and I have to say that I am very impressed! You seem to have a knack for making free modifications, but that make all the difference to the look of the car!

I love the roof idea! And it looks really good, considering you done it yourself too from a small logo!

Its good to see the difference from what the car looked like when your first got it!

I love the car, and look forward to seeing what else is on your list of mods!!