TD04 Engine Timing

Hi guys, I have a starlet gt with a TD04 turbo. I had my timing done recently and my mechanic said it was way off and he wasn't sure why. His set it to normal now but I feel like I lost power slightly top end. Seems like the accelerator struggles to pick up now slightly. Haven't tested the car fully with increased boost as it's always been set to 0.3 when I brought the project and haven't got round to connecting my boost controller up.

Is this set up right or it should the timing be more advance for a TD04? 

It's a twin cam system where the cams are linked directly under the rocker cover. If the timing is out, and all looks well  on the face of it, it could be a tooth out under the rocker cover. The cam lobes need to be timed up together to ensure they remain in sync. Lots of information about that on here, well worth a read if you think it is a timing issue.

Not quiet sure. The car itself sounds ok doesn't seem like timing or anything is out and runs fine but I noticed that the accelerator struggles to pick up slightly compared to before after I got my timing belt, water pump etc fitted.

You could check the throttle cable has the correct tension, its 12mm nuts on a bracket on the throttle body.

These timing belts are easy, would be hard to set the timing a tooth out. That would affect performance.

Check the ignition timing with a timing light. Should be 10BTDC.