What's a full CT9 hybrid setup worth 2nd hand?

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, not sure where to post this, it's been a long time since I've been into Starlets so I'm a bit lost on the value of 2nd hand parts these days.

Currently running a TD CT9 hybrid, manifold, and decat. Thinking of upgrading to something like a WEPR GT20 or TD04 kit, so just wondering how much I can expect to make back from selling the CT9 kit, the turbo is just under a year old and has been ran at slightly under 1 bar, and I've always left it to warm up and cool down properly. Also thinking about upgrading to a stand alone ECU so might throw in the E-manage blue along with it. I'm not really sure if I should bother yet or just get the map tweaked and squeeze a bit more out of the hybrid as I'm still on standard internals.

Also where are people buying and selling parts these days? The forum used to be flooded with 2nd hand stuff, now it's hard to find anything, the facebook groups aren't that good and there's hardly any activity on here any more.

Edited by ste91
6 hours ago, Jay85 said:

If you come up with a price, on me! I’m thinking of ditching the TD04 and going back to a ct9!

What makes you want to ditch the TD04? What power are you running?

I'm really not sure what I want to do yet, always used to see it back in the day where people would chase high power numbers and then shortly after the car would be broken for parts because it had gone too far and was horrible to drive. I'd like a bit more than 200 but without too much lag, so I'm really considering a GT20 as opposed to an old school TD04.

I recently bought the car, it had already been converted to TD04l. I got it cheap as it needed a new turbo as the one on it is smoking on boost. I’ve got an eBay special waiting to go on. It’s running emb but it needs mapping. 

I guess that even tho this is my 4th starlet, I’ve never run anything other that ct9’s and the TD04 is out of my comfort zone. 

Once mapped I guess it’ll be about 220-230bhp, at the moment as it’s unmapped I’m nursing it about with the odd bit of boost. 

With less than 65k on the clock the engine should be strong and healthy, guess I’m just being a wuss! 

16 hours ago, Jay85 said:

If you come up with a price, on me! I’m thinking of ditching the TD04 and going back to a ct9!

Tf035hm is the best of both worlds. Will spool faster than a td04 and see you over 200hp and will fit your td04 mani/downpipe

Edited by H_D

2 hours ago, H_D said:

Tf035hm is the best of both worlds. Will spool faster than a td04 and see you over 200hp and will fit your td04 mani/downpipe

Aaaaand how much will one of those set me back lol

58 minutes ago, Jay85 said:

Aaaaand how much will one of those set me back lol

Seen them cheap on ebay mate. But probably worth getting recbuilt unless the seller can guarantee its a working unit with no issues

Been thinking about this and the hybrid CT9 I've got is supposed to be capable of 220bhp, it's currently at 199bhp, I suppose really I'd be better off just sticking with what I've got, getting it mapped again and turned up to 215-220 and leaving it alone. Anyone done the same and were happy enough at 215-220ish bhp?

I was thinking this exact thing myself. 200bhp on a CT9 would be ideal for me. I was mainly thinking the wear on the gearbox and other components why it would be better to just keep the power on the low side. I'm sure I'd get bored of 200bhp pretty quickly.

4 hours ago, Calum122 said:
4 hours ago, Calum122 said:

I was thinking this exact thing myself. 200bhp on a CT9 would be ideal for me. I was mainly thinking the wear on the gearbox and other components why it would be better to just keep the power on the low side. I'm sure I'd get bored of 200bhp pretty quickly.

It really depends what sort of road you're on, twisty B roads it's fine and feels like plenty of power but once you do a few pulls on a dual carriageway it starts to feel under powered, back in the day it would have been considered quick but things have moved on so much now that standard hot hatches are nearly as quick as a tuned Glanza, 250bhp is what I'd really like. Keeping it sensible but still plenty of power in a light car, but then I find it hard to justify the cost of forged internals for "only" 250 which would then make me want nearer to 300 to make it worth the cost lol.

• 4 weeks later...
On 04/07/2018, 11:58:19, ste91 said:

It really depends what sort of road you're on, twisty B roads it's fine and feels like plenty of power but once you do a few pulls on a dual carriageway it starts to feel under powered, back in the day it would have been considered quick but things have moved on so much now that standard hot hatches are nearly as quick as a tuned Glanza, 250bhp is what I'd really like. Keeping it sensible but still plenty of power in a light car, but then I find it hard to justify the cost of forged internals for "only" 250 which would then make me want nearer to 300 to make it worth the cost lol.

My mates got a 16 plate mini cooper S and the on board computer is telling me it's putting out 160Kw with 320Nm torque. It's a heavy car mind you at double the weight of my Starlet.

My Starlet is running an air filter and HKS exhaust and he said that my Starlet was pulling away. His Cooper felt quick, the power is instant and throughout, but I was surprised to hear him say my Starlet was pulling away. If my car wasn't spinning in every gear I reckon it would decimate that cooper. The tyres are ruined on my car, that said there is no way I could take corners as quick as he was. His car just grips!

I know what you're saying about new hot hatches, but I was delightfully surprised.