Average Speed Cameras

thats ridiculous- everyone speeds (even if it's 1 mph over) its still speeding, but their spending all this money on catching people... when as that spokesperson said, its not how fast you are driving, but how you are driving, and i know, like most of you, that a shit load of people drive like absolute wankers around... but they're the ones that never get caught... until the end of days people will keep on speeding, spend the money on nicer roads - or schools or hospitals etc - dont buy more (effing) cameras...

thats ridiculous- everyone speeds (even if it's 1 mph over)

I don't ;)

Hence Steely nearly getting into my boot last Friday, because I accelerated to the speed limit then didn't go any quicker, but he thought I was still accelerating ;)

jesus now this is a joke in fairness..... i feel sorry for u guys to have to put up with this as it will surely come into nationwide use once they find someone to invest in it.

this will affect everything not just us with done up cars... what bout delivery people who have to rush from delivery to delivery just to break even and make sum money.

i drive within the speed limits 90% of the time and it pisses me off to be passed out by a lunatic in a fiat fcuking panda

so what if some one where to be caught with this shit as they were overtaking sum slow as fook old batt and took your car over the limit just long enough to overtake

Speed limits are a load of bullshit if you ask me, the dangers differ from person to person and possibly even in difference of cars.

Some people can quite easily handle a car at 70mph while others can barely handle one at 30.

Wether you crash at 30 or 70 it's still going to make a mess, and like someone else said on there - whats the point of having a windscreen if you're constantly looking at the speedo?

i agree whole heartedly rubix

i believe that the government should give people better driving skills instead of the joke of a driving test that is in place. while i don't know what the driving test is like for ye, in Ireland they're more concerned with pushing as many people trough the test at the moment due to a change in the laws governing learner drivers.

also the test doesn't seem to be concerned with what peoples reactions would in the event of a high speed accidents

i believe that people need to be though how to drive (fast.....,well maybe not rally car fast) safely then it is an adults individual choice to drive fast and take their own lives in their own hands

When u get a license, it is like having a license for an offensive weapon - cars in the wrong hands are killing machines - just bcos u can drive to a standard for 40-45mins doesnt mean u can drive, real learning begins after you have passed your test

there should be enforced advanced tests you have to take after passing standard, would help insurance rates come down and would avoid need for all the shite we have to put up with in the UK

there should be enforced advanced tests you have to take after passing standard, would help insurance rates come down and would avoid need for all the shite we have to put up with in the UK

that does sound like a gud idea

Yeah, like at least making something like the Pass Plus scheme compulsory so people can actually get some experience driving at night and on motorways

For example, one of Jo's friends is learning to drive and is scared of the idea of going on motorways in the future as going over 30mph scares her. And another one who's passed only goes on the motorway if she really really needs to

People will be concentrating on their speed so much its gonna cause issues. Sometimes you have to speed to avoid situations. This country has so much great history its declining so fast its unreal. Its gonna look like a bombs hit it within the next decade and gradually kill off through rioting and shit.

Dumb government cunts, cant even see what there doing. All the Brits are gonna move elsewhere and its gonna be full of immigrants instead.

Nothing we can do about it its fuckin doing my head in.

My dad was in Germany last week and saw no speed cameras ect..

Arrgghh

Also imagine the amount of production and costs involved, Manufacturing and using these will kill the ozone and all the other ozones and lifeforms in the universe. Yet there saying all this stay green stuff.

I don't ;)

Hence Steely nearly getting into my boot last Friday, because I accelerated to the speed limit then didn't go any quicker, but he thought I was still accelerating ;)

Yes that looked quite amusing from behind. I thought "bugger me Mikeys booted it" then I saw Steely slam the anchors on again and thought "Oh no, no he hasnt" ;)

Alex.

anyone else think this speed camera nonsense might just be a coverup for this thing they were on about with us having to "pay-per-mile" ?

has anyone read the first post after the statement on the pistonheads site LMAO

yeah some of those replies were hilarious ;)

basically this country is fucked.

stupidly high prices on everything, especially housing and a pathetic justice system. i think when ive got a family i'll be going elsewhere...

the thing that makes me laugh is when people still get really paitriotic about being BRITISH, whats so great about it? we just get fucked over all the time!

i know theres people out there that'll disagree, but thats my 2p.

i'd love to live in australia, but the maaaaaaaasssive spiders would freak the shit outa me.

my cousins have moved to florida, and i think i wouldn't mind joining them either.

basically this country is fucked.

stupidly high prices on everything, especially housing and a pathetic justice system. i think when ive got a family i'll be going elsewhere...

the thing that makes me laugh is when people still get really paitriotic about being BRITISH, whats so great about it? we just get fucked over all the time!

i know theres people out there that'll disagree, but thats my 2p.

Scutch my 2p is on your table, what does britain have to be proud of these days... our major export is burberry twats.

new country slogan aughta be "britain, where we tax the poor to keep the rich rich." (i'm specifically irritated today cause i found out how the tax change affects me. bye bye bigger slice of my wage)

Petrol prices up. road tax up, speed cameras up, crime up, chav-yob-neds running the place, Benefits up

i think the only thing that is significantly down is the countries faith in goverment.

what happened to the "Great British Empire"

as said above, turn the feckin light off before they charge/tax/fine us for that.