recondition alternator or find replacement 1.5 diesel starlet

My alternator has died and i was wondering if you all will be able to recommend a business to  recondition it for me or find a replacement 

I took it to a local auto electron and he said the rotor is gone in it and cant do anything with it

It is out of a toyota starlet 1.5 diesel 1998 and she is a japan import

the oem part number is 27060-55080

Thanks

the PN you mentioned seems to be for the voltage regulator only

I bought this a while ago and it worked fine

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FOR-TOYOTA-STARLET-ALTERNATOR-1-3-4E-FTE-4EFTE-TURBO-EP91-GLANZA-V-EP82-GT-70amp/161399850475?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

You will have to check what kind of plug and pulley your current alternator has as they can be different

Edited by maerijn

yes it keeps showing up a regulator alright 

but the oem part number is the same on my dead alternator and on JP-carparts.com for official Toyota parts it says the part number is a alternator Assembly

the link you put up looks the same mine is a 3 pin plug and i could always swap pulleys from my old one 

its just the mounting positions i be worried about 

have you put that linked alternator on a 1.5 diesel starlet or just the ep91 that it says its for?  

also mine is a np90 so the glanza shape diesel starlet 

Edited by gtturbo94
  • 2 weeks later...

I just got a replacement from Toyota for mine at just over £200 . I tried the cheap option but had more trouble then it was worth lol so I just went genuine and was surprised by the price , thought it would have been lots more . Worth giving them a shout 👍🏼

On 12/13/2019 at 5:21 AM, T-dog said:

I just got a replacement from Toyota for mine at just over £200 . I tried the cheap option but had more trouble then it was worth lol so I just went genuine and was surprised by the price , thought it would have been lots more . Worth giving them a shout 👍🏼

Not too bad when it should last another 20+ years lol