Sell GT for a VAG?

Guys,

Don't flame me, but I've been seriously considering selling my Td04 GT for a 04/05 Seat Leon Cupra R. 

My fabricator took me out for a spin in his 2018 400bhp Leon Cupra the other day and it really blew me away....sillu quick but comfortable at the same time, like most modern hatches these days.

A 2018 model is out of budget for me, but he said to check out the earlier models, as they can easily be tuned to 300bhp/300ibs?? 

I've had my GT for around13 years. As much as I love working on it/modding it, I feel as though I have out grown it to an extent. 

The Leon would be bigger, comfier and more refined. However at the same time with Starlets I see people selling up to always come back months/years down the line to own another one. 

So I dunno whether to keep the GT, and go 5e build, or call it a day sell and get a VAG. Any thoughts? 

Thanks

There are alot of modern powerful fast efficient motors out there. Personally I couldn't run my starlet as the everyday car, and cars like the 500 abath 595 and the colt 252 are producing incredible power to weight figures on factory engines and crazy hp against mpg figures. The plus side of the starlets is running cost mainly insurance grouping, road tax band as well as they will only go up in price plus proformance parts are everywhere and dirt cheap.

Edited by Sam44
On 2/11/2020 at 1:04 PM, Djaniero said:

Agreed. 

I should have said above, I don't actually drive my starlet daily, I have a old vag tdi barj. So The GT is just a weekend toy. 

Fair points about running costs road tax etc on the starlets. 

If it's a weekend toy. I wouldn't even consider it. The idea is that hot hatches should excite you and turn heads. Modern hot hatches for me are just a bit bleh

PS. I have a m135 daily but would hate for that to be my only car