• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really mate?

You use 4th gear all the way up to 100?

I change to fifth about 75ish, no wonder she aint pulling LOL

Is there no indication the engine is gonna blow with such high revs? :lol:

Some pics of your exhuast would be cool.

I am getting a rev counter put in next week, I think you would benefit from one too dude ;b

Just to let you know the last group buy price was £620 delivered, just a figure for you to work around.

Peace

From Joz

nah you'll not blow the engine revving it hard,well you will if you do it all the time but it will take along while and comes down to how well maintained it is,the rev limiter is fitted from factory as a safety device to stop you over reving your car ,old mk1 fiestas etc dont have a rev limiter you can rev the till they litterally pop lol,yeah putting it in 5th at 75mph it wont pull round to fast start pulling better after about 85 ish

haha starlets are granny cars really wen standard, ep91 n/as that is. there is quite a few round where i live but not younger generation peeps. not like you see a tastefully modified starlet all the time is it!!

i have had 115mph outa my starlet but thats probably inaccurate, who knows. i must admit i have had 110mph outa 4th a few times as it reads str8 off the dials.

Not to worry Dave  :lol:

The previous owner of my car was an old boy too ;b

At least he looked after it and got it regularly serviced.

Few paint touch ups, but you can't have everything.

Hows your car now mate? Aany pics of it in the rides section?

Peace  :lol:

From Joz

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm going to get some pics of it today and bang em up. It's stock as it comes at the moment but I've plans to change that :lol:

Hi Shelly  :D

I joined while you were away so never got to say HELLO  :lol: 

How was Hong Kong (thats were you went right ;B) ? I am going over in the summer with my cousins, I got relatives there ;b

See anything cool over there? Anything Starlet related? .

Yea there are like two honda civic type R's in town driven by old people.  Never seen old peeps in a porsche though ;b

Guess they just like to have nice cars NOT!  :lol:

There are a few other starlets in town too (a lilac one and a green one) but don't seem them at night, people prob use em for running about in the day.  I swear I saw one same colour as Phils outside Argos LOL!

Hear from ya soon

Peace  B)

From Joz

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Joz, sorry i haven't said hi, can't remember who i have and haven't to. :lol:

Yeah i was away in Hong kong for a good 19days, was brilliant, to be honest, where i was, i only saw about 3 glanza's, and about 2 GTs, as starlets are suppose to be dying out in hong kong at the moment, everyone is driving around in Mini's :lol: strange i know, but it's a European car.

When going into car shops, they noticed i wasn't from hong kong and asked what sort of car do i drive, i told them Glanza, they said oh the glanza, it's not that popular anymore in hong kong :p i was like :p he was surprised we get them over in the UK lol :lol:

But what i normally saw out there are Skyline's and Integra's. Still nice :lol:

HOw long you going back for?

Hi Shelly

Nice to hear you were doin a little starlet spotting in HK :lol:

Its a shame 2 hear the Starlet is dying out over there, times change huh :lol:

Most cars out there have a speed limiter I believe.

They recognise people who aren't from HK easily don't they lol :lol:

I am heading over in July for abt 3 weeks, should be really cool because the last time I went I was only stayin over and never got to check out the nite life :lol:

Did you check out the nite life did you go over there with friends or family?

Something to really look forward to. Can you speak cantonese or mandarin outta interest?

Please check out my EP Ride when you got time, not much but I only had her 5 months and the mods I'm waiting on are taking their time to get to me (apexi induction kit and Front Strut Brace ;b

I am getting a tacho put in next thursday so hopefully that will improve my driving experience a little.

My car hasn't been lowered yet & was after some D2's, and I sent an email to pulseperformance, hope they get back to me soon ;b Hopefully they or starletgtturbo will be doing a group buy soon.

Look forward to hearin from ya soon anyway :lol:

Stay Chilled :lol:

Peace

From Joz

@STARLETPOWER

You are right dude, this car is in a class of its own!

It makes you feel proud having one don' t it.

What starlet do you have mate?

Peace

From Joz

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ive got a 1.3CD mate, 2 be fair before i got my starlet i had never even heard of a starlet before it was only when my dad spotted it on a website that i got interested in it. its a car thats not to common and not to flash if you no what i mean perfect 4 the job. mines only a 1.3 but ive done 105mph (no bull) over taking a bmw in the outside lane and they looked like they didnt no what car i was driving.

at least its not a corsa or saxo. :)

its strange really my mates got a fiesta zetec s and 0-60 there isnt much differences all my mates cant belive how well it pulls,pulls round 100mph quite fast,im puttin some pics up in the ep rides section now,there old pics as i was doin the work

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yeah, raced a zetec-s before was right behind it at 115 and he couldnt loose me! :)

to be honest, my zetec-s would give my glanza a run for its money when in lo boost, and would absolutely destroy it around the corners....

there's no replacement for displacement, as they say....

agreed they are underpowered (considering how good the chassis and handling is), but these guys you've been 'racing' must not know how to drive.

95% down to the driver at the end of the day :)

lol @ who's idea was it to get SLEAZY lol ruinin ma topic B)

Its ok to pay compliments but at least stay on topic a bit eh ;b

@Shelly_Star, I meant even tho you are chinese, people in hong kong still recognise that you are not from there ;b I learnt that myself when I went over a few years ago ;b

Its cool like :)

Would love to check out Kirkistown someday ;b I just checked the website and it looks & Sounds Class!

I was behind a damn MG ZR, couldn't catch up with it unless I wanted to go 100mph ;b Best feeling is leaving another oap or middle age driven starlet in the dust ;b I think I need the 5efe transplant someday!

Down to the driver is true as mate, mind you, you have to push the car to the limit still :lol:

@STARLET_POWER yea the car is really nice and subtle, and makes you feel good for sure. Nice to have sumthin that is less common and not everyone has. Man the car is flying once she gets to a 100mph, def need bucket seats and flash new brake discs for that lol!

Peace All

From Joz

lol @ who's idea was it to get SLEAZY lol ruinin ma topic  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thats why god invented PM's, to keep topics on track and sleeze on the side! lol

lol @ who's idea was it to get SLEAZY lol ruinin ma topic  B)

@Shelly_Star, I meant even though you are chinese, people in hong kong still recognise that you are not from there ;b I learnt that myself when I went over a few years ago ;b

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah Hong kong people can tell your from somewhere else hence the way we dress, p.s i don't dress like a chav don't worry guys. lol. But they way Hong kong people dress is nasty! :lol:

So you must be chinese ? or not? :)