Hi, new to the world of starlets

had d2s myself changed em for trd shcoks with rsr springs, much nicer on the road, just as good grip/handling

Shocks and spring might be be better for the roads around where i live, but i want to height adjustment to get my car looking right.

You should come to the next medstone mate oct 10th at chatham dockside. Your car looks smart fella.

Joe

What time will you all get there, as i finish work at 6 and its an hour-ish drive from home, but i do want to go and meet up with fellow starlet owners, as all the starlet round my way are driven bye OAP's :)

Jack

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the blitz alot, it makes very nice sound.

I would love to take the side strips off but its a different shade of green under them, so im asking the painter at work how much it will cost to get them painter and get them done asap.

Jack

Hey man

Would say coilovers would be a tad harsh for daily use, if your end of Kent has roads like I remember it having ;)

And for Medstone, I would say to get there for 8 or half 8 as we're eating at Nandos at 7 so that gives us time to eat, unless of course you fancied eating too

Nice car too by the way :)

Update:

Ive got a new set of wheels, they're 15" which is what i wanted as i felt 16" were a tad to big, im very happy with how they look now.

Sorry about the poor pics, it was getting dark when i took these pics, but they really do suit the car when seeing it in the flesh.

front.jpgFrontwheel.jpgSide.jpgFrontcorner.jpg

Thanks Jack

• 2 months later...

Hi, just got some new pictures of my car now its lowered, its abit drity but theres not much i can do in this weather :thumbsup: . Also now have K&N panel filter, but im looking into throttle bodies, what you all think about them, will they make any difference?

Front3.jpg

backrear.jpg

back.jpg

Jack

just a question, did you fit an adjustable panhard rod when you lowered it?

No i have fitted one yet, i might do in the future, but i cant see it making much difference,

exhaust is a tad 2 big for my liking but every1 2 there own

The exhaust is a Nur spec, but it is abit big, might be changing when i gather some money,

cant wait see future mods u do!

Im looking into either the 4efte or 5efe conversions at the mo, going more towards the 5efe and then wack a turbo on it when i can afford the insurance.

And also might have a glanza rear axle coming, if i can afford it.

Jack

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

UPDATE

Nearly all done, just need to find an ignition amp, because its not starting due to the lack of spark.

Its booked in for a S/S cat back exhaust tomorrow (if it starts :) )

Homemade front mounted air filter ;) that im very plesed with, if i say so myself.

Sorry about the poor pics, it was from my phone.

I'll get some more pics when its all finished

starlet3-1.jpg

Starlet-1.jpg

starlet2-1.jpg

My boost gauge from ebaystarlet4-1.jpg

Jack

NOooo, its gives it the 'sleeper' look :)

not really... as theres hundreds of converted ep91s now days... the next one il see will probs be 4efte...

sleeper look is GT steel wheels and hubcaps... and hidden gauges in the glove box and black fmic, and no dump valve and a standard backbox....

thats a real sleeper

hope you got everything you needed for the build :D

No i dont have everything, i need the ignition amp, because ive got no spark at the plugs because there isnt enough power :D

Apart from that everything else when as smooth as possable, the N/A engine out in under 1 1/2 hours friday night after work, loom and turbo engine in on saturday morning, and from then to now trying to get it started.

So got to rebook the exhaust tomorrow :D

Jack

U obviously know what yur doing on the mechanical sides.

Im not that good, otherwise i would of found what the problem was sooner :D

I cant wait to get it running now, just need the amp asap, tried amp's from a old shape supra, old celica, and one from a golf just because i found it laying around, the new shape MR2's had the right plug but the amp had already been taken :D

Jack