Come And Get It! - Glanza Review! Hot Off The Press!

Where do I start, itâ??s not the pinnacle of designing nor is it the fastest car. But never the less itâ??s a car whom many are passionate about. But I end up asking myself whatâ??s all the commotion about it? Itâ??s only a 1.3 turbo, okay so fuel economy might be one and depending on your situation insurance perhaps is inexpensive. Maybe even the fact that it has a turbo with such a little engine makes it appealing. But in truth, thereâ??s some air of mystery that surrounds these cars, and I want to get to the bottom of it. Why you ask? Thereâ??s so much passion that engulfs theses cars yet itâ??s barely a Ferrari or a vintage Aston Martin DB5. I really want to get down beneath the layers that cover these cars. And so do my superiors who are also egger to find out.... and in true James Bond style give me an assignment, which I acknowledge with open arms.

So how should I go about getting in the clan? Couple of suggestions cross my mind, do I go undercover and emerge in with the mob of owners, purchase one? Well the best solution I came up with is to get out and drive one of these rebels. But how hard is that going to be getting hold of one hmm...

Itâ??s about 10.45 p.m. and Iâ??m getting ready to watch sexcetra, which gets interrupted. I get a phone call from a Glanza owner, with precise location details and time to meet up. Eventually I turn up at an abandoned factory; my pulse is racing quite a bit. Iâ??m left wondering if Iâ??m going to be another stab victim like those others lately or is it going to end up pleasantly well. Suddenly Iâ??m thrilled, even traumatized to a certain degree by the noises of those deafening exhausts and headlights hauling my way. I decide itâ??s a smart idea to lock the doors and wind the window down for an appropriate no contact chat.

Surprisingly a short bloke steps out accompanied with two tall but somewhat stocky blokes and approach my car. The conversation starts with the urban word â??â??Yoâ??â?? guess that means â??â??helloâ??â?? in the ordinary world. We start talking, once Iâ??ve developed a sociable atmosphere and get courageous enough, taking into account sense a stabbing may not be imminent, I step out.

I commence my integration around the car. I struggle to prevent myself from calling it a pretty car. But honestly it is reasonably pretty, and minor cosmetic modifications can make it look like a right brute. For some reason I begin comparing it to the Toyota Supra, despite many people insisting to me the Celica is its older sister. Yes I refer to cars as women, frankly whoâ??d want to sit inside a man and drive them about all day long? And nope I donâ??t swing that way either! For those who do youâ??re more than welcome to call it Jeffery or whatever tickles your fancy.

Back to the rebel, now from a cosmetic point of view taking its age in account itâ??s fairly decent. As well as the fact that modifications are easily to come across or so Iâ??m told by the small bloke. I wouldnâ??t have speculated the car was a 1.3 turbo to be truthful it sounded more like a 1.6 turbo with the dump-valve! Hmm, so the mystery is starting to unwrap itself.

On to the interior note, I wasnâ??t expecting full leather, heated seats etc. But damn its basic, my son could get his crayola crayons out and craft a better design to sit in. It could get quite depressing to some, but I did come here in a SL55. Putting that aside you really need to have an insight to the history of its development the car was never made for luxury function therefore, there was none specified. Thatâ??s quite a common trend in the Japanese market. But later models did consist of luxuries such as air con, abs, power steering, electric windows etc.

So the exterior and interior have been covered. Now the only thing left is how this baby drives! So I approach the short bloke once more and ask him if I could take it for a spin...He happily said â??â??no.â??â?? But after some persuasion I managed to get some time driving it, while the guys built a â??â??joint.â??â?? Whatever may that be?

First impressions count and this certainly left a stain. Itâ??s quite a rapid car I knew it was light weight, but it picks up speed fast and the dump-valve well that really caught my attention. Itâ??s in all honesty a great city car without a doubt, even a track car with some handling adjustments. The seats are defiantly a problem though, my arse felt like I had been sitting on a bouncy castle! But that most likely down to the suspension set up and that can always be fixed.

All in all, it wasnâ??t the mystery that surround the car it â??â??wasâ??â?? the rarity which unfortunately is dying as the popularity of the car increases. The passion will always be there am sure of it; itâ??s a great little car for beginner drivers or Japanese enthusiasts. Itâ??ll never let you down; the Japaneseâ??s engines are always built solid as well as parts are quite reasonable. I always like to spend some cash improving my cars, itâ??s essential even if I had a Ferrari Iâ??d do the same. But this is definitely an excellent candidate, if youâ??re looking for a Japanese car or not donâ??t pass a chance before you drive one. All I can say is Iâ??ll be a part of the growing mob extremely soon.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Valentino R

I havenâ??t had much time to go over it, spelling and grammar wise. Please if you do see any mistakes just post and Iâ??ll correct it! Hope you guys enjoyed it, itâ??s not a boring spec review its from experience I had from it on the day.

Thank You!

Thank you. Please do post, how you felt after the read; this will help me further in my journalism as well as other writing projects!

Another Thank You for everyone that has taken time to read this!

Less rambling, more about the car :wub:

It's more of a story than a car review.

no offence intended of course, just putting it out there :lol:

None taken, youâ??re right. But the reason for that is mainly because Iâ??ve read quite a few spec reviews, and they somewhat seem to be quite a bit boring anyone can write a list of car specs 0 â?? 60 weight etc. Mainly wanted to try something different, which would capture how you guys feel about your cars hopefully I did!

Hope you enjoyed the read!

And nope I donâ??t swing that way either! For those who do youâ??re more than welcome to call it Jeffery or whatever tickles your fancy.

LMAO SiCaln's car is called Jeff :lol:

Good report bro felt like i was there!! :wub:

Whos Glanza was it by the way?

It was this Japanese dude called Paul, I met him originally when he had a white civic JDM and that was mad! Am glad you guys are enjoying the read, it makes me want to write more. Iâ??ve ask him to join the forum various times, he is either very busy or really canâ??t be asked! I rarely see him, but I will meet up with him to get some pictures soon hopefully.

Glad you liked that Jeff bit :lol:

sounded good to me fella. could probably do with a bit more info on the car but like you said the info you had was limited. so from what you 've had its good. keep it up bud.