sapphie cosworth insurance similar to GT when in 19

keep gt or swap for saph  

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

dream car insurance similar to 1.3 insurance,just had a quote of when im 19 with 2 years ncb on the gt and it was £2100 3rd party on my own with some mods delclared,got a quote on a 1989 sapphire cosworth with 4 modifications, was £2800!! dont know why gt insurance is so expensive,insurance companies know thier shit

a sapphire is my dream car and always will be.,i LOVE every part of them...would it be normal to swap my gt for a saph worth £3k? and build it up for 2 years until im 19? il have the 306 to drive around in until im 19...

just a thought,all you 19 year olds out there!! get some good uotes on your dream motors,might be cheaper than you thought

i think if you want to spend 2800 on insurance you clearly have money to burn, and should perhaps see if actually burning it gives you more pleasure. Maybe you live in iraq or something but i pay 800 and im 22 and have all mods declared (alot). and i only have 1 years ncb.

thats because of your age man...this is when im 19,still a teen,and 2 years ncb(same as 1 years ncb when over 21 tbh) and yeah...i recon thats ok on my own for a insurance group 20 car:D i might even try classic car insurance

i did a quote with go compare,insurance company was 1st quote i think,and there was a couple more...im 17 at the momment,wanted a sapphire since i was knee height

sapphire cosworth? i wouldn't even piss on one if it was on fire!! fucking boring cars!

arn't they slower out of the factory then a GT? :p yet you want to spend over a grand insuring one?!

your better off with a Mk2 Vauxhall Astra 16V GTE if you want something old and using the money you save to enjoy your childhood!

go out and meet girls Cal, thats what boys your age should be thinking of, not has been luke warm cars that are so hyped that you'll ball your eyes out when you realise how shit they are after spening thousends on them!

Dont be so fuckin stupid cal!

Go get a woman to spend your money on. Do not buy a 20yr old cosworth FFS,it will be ragged to death,rusty as buggery,you will struggle to insure it despite your £3k :p quotes, repair bills won't be cheap( there wil be plenty of them) fuel will cost a fortune etc etc etc! Who the fuck buys a car for less than the insurance would cost! Jesus man get a grip!

Stick with the 306 and learn that theres more to life than being raped by insurance companies!

listen to what paul says, he's a man of experience - by god he's old enough.... :p

Also, cal, jesus christ mate, just calm down and get some fucking experience under your belt. Its not just buying the car, its running it. Cossies were hard work when they were new, a 20yr old one would be an absolute money pit, most people that own them have had many years of experience with them and work on them themselves, as they really are high maintenance cars.

Not only that, but you'd kill yourself in one. Find a bird to spunk all your money over (pun intended) and relax for a while, there's no need to grow up so fast. Buy your dream cars when you can afford it with spare cash without breaking the bank, there really is no rush.

Cal, I'm not meaning you any offence here but are you a fucking retard? I mean you are 17? Yeah? Looking at quotes for a car when you 19. Thats 2 years away. Do us all a favour and leave, your making everyone around you stupid with your posts.

If your willing to pay £2800 for TPFT insurance you clearly are either retarded or you/your parents have far too much money! Thats £233 + Direct Debit fee a month!

Take an old cunt's advice. Buy a shitter/small engined cheap car Starlet/corolla/Corsa/Clio/etc and insure it TPFT and try not to crash it use it/abuse it for 2 years. When your 19 and KNOW you have 2 Years no claims start thinking about moving up in the car world.

When i was younger I had a 1.4 clio and I paid 1200 in my dads name. I refuse to pay more than £1000 insurance for ANYTHING! I don't care what the car is, I'm never paying that money to a company "in case" something happens!

Sorry for the slight rant here but if you've not quite got my point I'll put it straight to you:

Stop posing Bullshit.

Shop around better places for insurance

Look at insurance for a car when you plan to buy the car not 2 years before you'll even touch one.

Spot on!

i havnt read much of this thread.

but just wait untill you can afford it, shut the idea off for a few years and save up cash bit by bit in a savings account or something.

just keep the gt, youve had it for a few years now, just hold on to it, and the 306 if its cheaper and wait untill the insurance goes down, i heard once that once you get to 25 it goes down a fair bit?

Exactly what Wullie says...................Wot happens when you rap the GT in 2 months time? Ohh dear there goes your NCB,so this whole thread was pointless and almost spam.

he doesn't drive the GT.

cal listen to the people above, specially ecks, he says that you should really be able to do maintenance on it yourself, and no offence but you maintain and mod your gt yourself and that has a garden hose in it...

just chill out. don't just take it cause the trade is on the table. leave it until your in a stable situation. i dunno if you work or what but i find it a pain to run my car on the money i earn, especially with this ridiculous fuel cost just now and ridiculous insurance money...

yea im not to sure on it now,thing is that i could get it perfect for when im 19,all drivable and working...and i have a girl :p i know theyre shit to you guys, everytime i see one i want one they dont hardly rust either compared to most fords from the 80s,they look ace with their long and low stance,and the perfect noise when coming on boost and the rear wheels breaking traction

YES they hit the floor when they launch and YEs they are unpridictable around corners, but its just...a cossie :p

arches,boot,sills and the rear beam is where they start to rust... which isnt a problem as id fix it, plus,i want to get one Asap because by the time in 20+ they will all be too much money and all gone!:p

oh and the insurance...im not loaded,and im not retarded,cossie insurance is a bomb to afford come everyone knows that

im not really sure what to do,il probs end up keeping gt as loads of people have persuaded me

I put up with a 1.2 8v Punto for a year before I was able to get my GT and built up 1yr NCB. I've now had the GT for a year, so another years NCB. So today I'm 19 with 2NCB paying £830 fully comp for insurance. Just wait til you've got a couple years NCB/years of driving exp and insurance will go down and you'll be a better driver for it. End of.

nah man,306 dturbo kicks ass compared to a solida Starlet imo...im not sure !!! i dont know wether to keep gt until then(by then it will probly be better spec) so il probs end up keeping it...

yo dude i voted for keeping the gt,

a sapp will be minted and i can understand your luv for them but it would be silly pissing that much money on insurance up on one,k the longer you wait the cheaper it will be,

you already have a potent enough starlet the now, just be more creative with that. . . .

nah man,306 dturbo kicks ass compared to a solida Starlet imo...im not sure !!! i dont know wether to keep gt until then(by then it will probly be better spec) so il probs end up keeping it...

lol EP91 N/A's are much better than dturbos

If it was me, I'd keep the GT, sell the 306, buy a non turbo Starlet, and once you're old enough to get proper insurance on the GT, keep the nonturbo as a run around.