insurance on glanza at 18?

hello, im new to the sight, ive got a 106 gti lookalike at the moment, wanted to get a 106gti for my second car, but after goin in a pals turbo glanza last night ive been turned :o just wondering how much people roughly are paying to insure about a 1996 glanza 1.3 turbo at 18 with 1 yrs no claims ? sorry if its in the wrong section.

hmmm, we talking over 2k ?

I have no idea mate but it's definately going to be expensive for sure.

just out of interest what size engine did you have in your 106 and what mods (if any)

I have a feeling you may be surprised by the non turbo Starlets and take a liking to them aswell :o

orite :o really want 1 ! or maybe i might like the other ones, i really dont know that much about them atm though, is there a thread anywhere in here that just runs u through all the different starlets?

as for my baybe , its a 1.1, got it standard, put a gti body kit on it, lowerd, 17s, air filter, and a decent back box, but not much else really as only 17 and insurance doesnt like it, heres a link for my blog :Dhttp://www.106owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=36430

any advice on wat to get wud be gud B)

edit: + i spent an hour or 2 ringign a few insurance companies today but cudnt find any that do insurnace for the glanza

If it's only a 1.1 then you'd love even a non tubby Starlet :o

Right I'll have a go at what you asked for, these are the 5 most common models:

EP91 Starlet non turbo (96-99)

EP91 Starlet Glanza S (non turbo) (96-not sure because they're sold in Japan only, so they're an import here)

EP91 Starlet Glanza V (turbo) (96-not sure because they're sold in Japan only, so they're an import here)

EP82 Stlarlet GT (not sure what year they started at but they're up to 95 I think)

EP82 Starlet non turbo (same as above)

Myself I'm 17 and I've got an EP91 non turbo, my insurance is £1000 on a provisional license.

You'll definately notice a difference in performance between a 1.1 106 and any Starlet.

just keep ringng round tbh i allmost gave up as most quotes were coming back over 3k :o

then i got quoted 1300 i was 18 wen policy started and i have an accident on my record (not at fault)

and thats on a glanza V insured as a glanza V not a gli etc

thx for that ste, now i sorta know whats what :o my insurance was only 850 on pervisonal then it shot up to 1900 when i passed, be prepared for that.

who did u get insured with in the end then driver?

just as an idea mate i was paying 2250 at 19 without no claims :) , then when i had a years no claims and i am 20 i now pay 1300, but i think at that age its goin to be pretty steep, try quotes on an ep82 gt turbo, i think they are cheaper and easier to insure, cheers starlybruiser :)

dude its unreal... they said 1400 (i didnt say i had 1 years claim) they assumed it and when i was finalisng payment they said.. Oh.. you dont have the years claim one ... dum dum dum 2.5 i was like :) ive been done.. cus i payed the 1400 straight away thinking no insurance to pay yay! nope had to pay 262 per month until august this year... adrian flux people good for insuring but be careful :)

by the way you have to actualy go to an insurer that does import! :p

the best thing to do is put your parents as NAMED Drivers on your policy (your still the main driver) I've done this and its dropped a hell of a alot. but im still paying 1500+ when i get my GT, im 19 with 0ncb

hello, im new to the sight, ive got a 106 gti lookalike at the moment, wanted to get a 106gti for my second car, but after goin in a pals turbo glanza last night ive been turned :) just wondering how much people roughly are paying to insure about a 1996 glanza 1.3 turbo at 18 with 1 yrs no claims ? sorry if its in the wrong section.

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAAAHHAAHA

Mate forget it!

You will be raped royally by insurance!

Get some experience and no claims first, try a starlet SR and you can tehn swap alot of parts over if you buy a GT/Glanza in a year or two. :)

Get an SR mate, that will be a nice step up from the pug ;)

With a couple of mods (corrola inlet mani, filter, decat, straight thru exhaust) you will be saying bye bye vtr ;)