'detting' how to stop it?

yO guys,.what could i get to stop detting so i can run a bit more boost,im running 1 bar now as 1.3 bar was hitting fuel cut(detting probly some people have said)?safc perhaps? thing i dont understand is this...its EXACTLY like fuel cut, with the jolt and the bang etc so it could still be fuel cut, its when it goes over 1.1 bar , but ive been told it could be detting so im not sure,how could i fix both

to stop det, dont run the turbo WAY out of its efficiency. its blowing way too hot for the fuel to cool it.

youll either need some ethanol/methanol/water injection or some super kick ass intercooler setup.

i told you last week to turn it down and it would stop, lol. do you listen to me?

totaly listen to rick, if your drasticaly reducing the life of your engine every time your car starts deting, also running the turbo at 1.3 bar dont expect it to last forever - every turbo has a shelf life

i know but i dont understand why its doing it now,of all times....now it wont even run 1.1 bar but before it was running just over 1.1 to 1.2

i dont understand whats brought it on,ive even upped my fuel pressure to 3.6 bar whch is raping me for vmax and ultimate,all the other guys can rn 1.2+ and i cant( sound like a little girl LOL)

i dont think its detting tbh i really dont,i think its fuel cut but i dont know how to stop it, its exactlly like everyone else's descriptions of fuel cut. even my mate who owned a gt said its fuel cut, and a few other guys off tgtt uksc etc...<_< im lost

yep, jays right, ambient temps are alot higher than they were back in winter when you were running 1.2bar.

you have a very crude way of tuning it mate. rrfpr is not the way to fuel that level of boost. keep it low until you can afford some proper management.

just turning up the fuel pressure can do more harm than good, the car has to be setup correctly in order to get the longest life out of your setup, and get the best performance.

400-500bhp can be eeked out of a stock sr20, but with incorrect tuning, even a mildly tuned 300bhp motor will blow. its in the tune and setup, not necessarily the choice of parts.

you've probably caused far more harm than good, and in fact it'll be your own fault. you cant just bolt stuff on, on the advice of random people you talk to online, and expect everything to be fine. every car is different, thus someone elses settings (such as fuel pressure, for example) will not be the same as your car will require, especially if its running a random turbo.

if its still running like crap after turning the boost down then i'd be inclined to whip the head off, see what state the internals are in.

as the others have said.

you dont need to fork out loads on top of the range engine management. (although it would be better)

i bought a cheap safc, and s-itc off ebay, cost me £100, got the car tuned and its good enough that it wont blow my engine.

there are much better systems out there by a long shot, but for cheapness it's pretty good, and will stop you detting

...takin car off road until 2009 now...sell hybrid and get a different turbo set up, i wont be posting much on here for a while as im stuck on pug306.net, good ridence eh...rubix=cock face

xx

...takin car off road until 2009 now...sell hybrid and get a different turbo set up, i wont be posting much on here for a while as im stuck on pug306.net, good ridence eh...rubix=cock face

xx

start the party! hurray :D

xx

wont be long till your back here.

cal just do things properly you retard.

even if you change turbo setups, you will still have to get engine management, so i not quite sure what your point is

there is enough info and people here to help man, if you dont know ask but u do seem to be taking the wrong route, hope whatever u do goes well catch ya later

his problem is he asks, but dont flipping listen.

cal- you have to realise that at somepoint you cant do everything for nothing, we try and help you but for some reason, maybe it's because your young but you dont fecking listen.

nobody wants to see you blow up your engine dude.

yO again, i know i know. gonna take it off the road now for a bit and get it all sorted

been gone a few days, realised im gonna get emanage and td04, run it on a ct9 manifold using adaptorplates,should be better for spool and response ,gonna get few more parts for it too fueling wise and braking wise, will be done for late 08 early 09,1.3 bar on stock internals ( see what they take)

he's young, he doesn't want to listen. we all know that, i wont even bother reading his threads from now on, its saddening that he just doesn't taken anyones advice, even when its constructive.

i'll try to stear clear from reading his stuff from now on, sorry cal, but i really do feel my intelligence drop every time i enter one of your threads. shame.

^^^ your intelligence is gash anway ecksgayboy, ive found posts from all your other forums you have been on and your a bell end.

even that brief msn convo where you acted like a hyper 12 year old says it all

but what pisses me off is you all insist on speaking about cal in the therd person,k totaly insulting!

and to the most ofyous,k guys talk pish by doing that! simple as,

this is not about schooling, hes more mechanicaly compitent then half of you guys in this thred, and he brings more tothe forum

if any of you want me to expalin mysefl i will happlily

but simply it was a question, not a schooling on how you all kn0ws right, get a grip

most of you guys know better becuase your all starlet "gurus"

some of you dont even have starletd ffsake and others just go on what has been said

lay off! ;)

ps

good ridence eh...rubix=cock face

xx

totaly agreed rubix why dont you do me a personal favour and fuck, off!!

what makes you so special that you can talk like that on this forum

infact fuck off!!

I cant understand this either, People seem to hate Cal but what the hell has he done wrong.

Ok sometimes he might ask a strange question but modifing a Starlet is a learning curve for us all no matter how dumb it may seem.

If people hate his threads so much, why the hell read them in the first place and then reply to it slating the guy. I can't bloody understand it.

I've been here now for awhile and I see this shit happening in every Cal thread. Getting a bit Ridiculous now at this stage. ;)

Mart, I think he just managed to get under people's skin by not listening to advice, he's probably a sound chap face to face, but it's all about how you come across in a text based format isn't it.

Enzo, interesting points, great stuff ;) there is however a difference between rediculous immaturity (which i've no problem admitting to), and lacking in intelligence, be it common sense or otherwise (easily mistaken).

^^^ your intelligence is gash anway ecksgayboy, ive found posts from all your other forums you have been on and your a bell end.

even that brief msn convo where you acted like a hyper 12 year old says it all

but what pisses me off is you all insist on speaking about cal in the therd person,k totaly insulting!

and to the most ofyous,k guys talk pish by doing that! simple as,

this is not about schooling, hes more mechanicaly compitent then half of you guys in this thred, and he brings more tothe forum

if any of you want me to expalin mysefl i will happlily

but simply it was a question, not a schooling on how you all kn0ws right, get a grip

most of you guys know better becuase your all starlet "gurus"

some of you dont even have starletd ffsake and others just go on what has been said

lay off! :p

ps

totaly agreed rubix why dont you do me a personal favour and fuck, off!!

what makes you so special that you can talk like that on this forum

infact fuck off!!

I take it you are having a bad day!

That outburst is pretty silly IMO geo.

I don't have a starlet these days.... i don't see what the problem is there!

Harrison is a friend of mine who i know and have met many times, if he can help he will! Knows his stuff on many things talks a lot of crap too but hey who dosn't!

Yes cal can appear daft...does things his own way and does get it wrong like we all do.... unfortunatley like many teenagers appears not to listen. Text can be taken many ways it's all how it's read as well as written. I have met him and is a decent guy but has tried to go too far too soon i feel, a talented guy i'm sure though.

I think people need to take a deep breath and count to 10........

THEN CHILL THE FUCK OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!