Built to Munch 'Ring...an update

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah knowing the track is the way forward. i would not like to comment on what cars were humiliating me cause i would be so embarresed lol. but it was obvious they were locals or had done many laps lol. gran turismo is nothing like the real thing. that entrance u can see in the photo i bet u couldnt ride a bike up it its that steep lol. should organise a uksc ring trip!!

agree with you mark, if i'm going there with a motor capable of lapping in reasonably quick times, i'm going to want to be able to bring it home if i do stack it, even if it is in a few pieces <_<

Would defo wanna trailor mine over there if i did take a car, failing that it'd be for a more casual drive, just for the experience, rather than flat out quick lap times.

Fun either way, pics look great mate.

whaha nice 1 ste..

well buy new tires before leaving? .. if im going ill definately be taken a full spare set of wheels <_<

an as for when to arrange it either next year or the following is cool. i intend the car to be td04'd and jackin alot of ponies

and hopefuly it will look the bomb!!!

Ok well, my spends were because I'm a slut, buying clothes, a euro satnav (tom tom 930), new tyres, wheel bearing...all fitted by audi (not cheap)

In actuality, I'd say around:

100 for accomodation for 2-3 nights (each)

120 for ferry return (ish)

75 AA cover

25 travel insurance

80 on food

100 on track time

150 on fuel

all rough estimates, if you're serious I'll do a proper trip plan, we're already thinking of running a ring munchers annual trip to the ring.

so without the extras (travel ins and aa, which are a must imo) 550 to 600 is all you'd need. That'd be a weekend trip to the ring with accomodation in adenau travelling from harwich via ferry to hook van holland (shortest route to germany and most central in the UK

also a question i wanna ask ^^...

i really want to build a ring muncher now, so my first step is finding a dead paseo... and then getting an engine.. OH yeh, clearing out the garage too <_<