Built to Munch 'Ring...an update

Ok I wrote an awesome long post just now...but the shitty twat laptop I'm using here in our apartment in Thun died...arse.

We made it to the 'Ring all good, we got 2 laps in (not wanting to break the cars) I came off on the 3rd corner from Adenau on my first lap :) we went out again and did a 11.57 (with brown pants). Thought I could do better, so went out for my second ever lap of the Ring and did a 10.42 with the EP handling like a demon (no understeer or loss of traction) even the 'Liner couldn't keep up in the bends.

We made it down to Thun, but the EP wasn't sounding good. Turns out the rear tyres had turned to powder and the fronts were down to canvas. Quick trip to Audi and 4 Dunlop SP01s were ordered and a new wheel bearing (oops) massive respect to Audi...while we were up in the alps dicking around they'd done the bearing and tyres..and cleaned the car for me all in 5 hours!! how about that for service? (they did love the ultra illegal car..and it drew in a lot of people haha)

Tomorrow we start the 550 mile trip home, got loads of pics and vids to show if we make it back...we're hoping (if it's not raining..which it has tonight...first time...EP had cockpit temps of 57deg the other day) to do the alps again in the morning for some final vids :)

Mark

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The EP got a LOT of interest while we were driving, mostly at the 'Ring though. Only after I did my two laps (wish I'd done more) did we realise my front rubber was down to the canvas and the wheel bearing was fucked. Good job I didn't give it more beans. Adam in the R32 could bearly keep up on the bends, just shows how well the little car handles now...blew me away at the levels of grip.

A few more pics for you, I'm driving back to Holland in a few hours to see the in-laws so better update when I get back :D

neither me but i wish i saw this beast on the cam..

my heart skipped and i got exited when i saw a small black thing with a big spoiler.. till i programmed correctly and found it was a porker :D

Sorry guys just got the pics ready to upload when the wife dragged me into the car to drive back to Holland :D

Will upload them on monday night or tuesday..back to work!

The local guys there were awesome, some real TC cars but they nailed everything on the track, best one was a guy in black VW Transporter van (with a porsche engine) hustling the GT3RS's etc at show boaters. :D

Did really make me want a GT2 or GT3..or an M3, those things are built to munch 'ring all day long, little EP did two laps and broke stuff :D