• 4 weeks later...

Its an induction kit as said but the theory behind the design is that the air enters into the larger carbon fibre chamber and slows down a little, but as soon as it gets "sucked" into the normal witdth piping it gains momentum and as a result acts as a slight ram.. so the air velocity accelerates and "forces" into the engine.. as a result more air = more power..

Top Fuel also made what is dubbed as the "whale penis" for the Civics, for me that seemed a better design as it started as quite big at the filter end and then funneled down to the normal intake size.. as a result as the air is sucked in it gathers pace and ends up going into the intake manifold at a quicker velocity than normal..

Thats the physics.. as for how well they work.. its an induction kit, expect better responce and marginally better power.. but don't expect something major is what I will say.. in my view they look more pretty than what the end result is, i.e more power..

Its an induction kit as said but the theory behind the design is that the air enters into the larger carbon fibre chamber and slows down a little, but as soon as it gets "sucked" into the normal witdth piping it gains momentum and as a result acts as a slight ram.. so the air velocity accelerates and "forces" into the engine.. as a result more air = more power..

Top Fuel also made what is dubbed as the "whale penis" for the Civics, for me that seemed a better design as it started as quite big at the filter end and then funneled down to the normal intake size.. as a result as the air is sucked in it gathers pace and ends up going into the intake manifold at a quicker velocity than normal..

Thats the physics.. as for how well they work.. its an induction kit, expect better responce and marginally better power.. but don't expect something major is what I will say.. in my view they look more pretty than what the end result is, i.e more power..

Sounds like a Dyson...

:mellow: just had a little giggle there. a whales penis is called a dork so i am led to beleive. hope that helps.........

anyway they look good, the theory for them working well is there, the same theory is used in turbo compressor and turbine housing. ie, turbine housing starts wide and then as it goes around the snail it becomes narrower increasing the velocity of the air to the shaft blades.

looks a good buy