Recommended ICE

What are the best manufacturers, im looking for a quality 4 channel amp for about £200+ and don't know what would be best value for money.

I will be looking to run an Alpine Type R sub, rear 6" speakers and some new front speakers

yeah i quite fancied making a full Alpine system, just to be different, but if i can find decent power i'll go for it

i got a 4x50 watt head unit for £50, most top ends have got 4x60 so that is very good power for money

P.S Josie, u wanna look for the RMS rating when looking for ICE

this is what confuses me all this RMS stuff, i thought if you got a 400w sub get a 400w amp n so on but its not that simple now i know you have to think of the RMS or whatever you have to do :lol:

no it dosen't work like that, RMS is the average running wattage, then there is the peak power level etc. a two channel obviously splits half the wattage and those wattages go to 2 different things. 4 channel is the same theory.

the sub wattage dosen't matter as the amp will provide the power for it, so the more powerful wattage the amp, the more power u can get to your sub

Ive always had pioneer or alpine and cant fault either of them. Sony's are cheapish IMO and also Kenwoods. Althought i have a pair of Kenwood 12" subs which are awesome.

I have a cheap 2 channel 600w Amp . American pro or something and its been amazing for 2 years in my old car. Pumped out more than enough for both my 1200w kenwoods. You dont need to match amp and speakers really.

My bro had 2 10" JL audio subs, 600w RMS each and had a 400w Rockford Fosgate amp powering them. This was the recommended setup by the ICE shop he got them from.

Ive always run the 6x9's and front speakers from the headunit. Bass almost off and just use the headunits sub control to control the bass for the sub along with the ampAlways sounded awesome even with my cheap JBL 6x9's.

Be wary of cheap amps tho has i had a BOSS 1000w amp when i first started out. Thinkin it must be good 1000W and all. Would cut out after 5mins on the kenwoods. Useless !

Id say go for a good make 2channel amp and run the speakers from the headunit aslong as its 4x50w output :lol:

alpinemrpf600av0.jpg

1 of these , maybe 2 if funds allow. Link here http://shop.audioimages.co.uk/alpine-mrpf6...ier-p-1410.html

alpineswr1222dcaraudiosbc4.jpg

1 of these link here http://shop.audioimages.co.uk/alpine-swr-1...ofer-p-657.html

alpinespr17ccaraudiospenp9.jpg

these for the parcel shelf link here http://shop.audioimages.co.uk/alpine-spr-1...kers-p-627.html

Does anyone know the size of the front speakers standard?

Im running a JL audio 4 channel amp for my speakers for the last 3 years and it hasnt given me any trouble ever..

as for bass im using a Vibe slick A7 digital amp, this is a really good amp imo as my old cheap amp for the bass lasted 3-4 months this has outlasted it already.

If u go for the alpine gear then u won't go far wrong, just do all the wiring right and sensible

no it dosen't work like that, RMS is the average running wattage, then there is the peak power level etc.

average running wattage? ^; hehe, cute, but wrong sorry bud.

the last bit you said though is true, it doesn't matter what sub is on there really, it's all about the amplifier and ensure the voice-coil setup is compatable with the amplifier.

also, crisp isn't always best, it all depends what type of music you listen to, but that is getting a tad audiophile for most.

personally i'm a sucker for Alpine's ancient F#1 status gear, such as the DDDrive equipment of the early 90's. I've used it for years and even though its now very expensive and a nightmare to find, i would still use it even if i had limitless funds.

DDW-F30A sub, powered by a Genesis Profile-Sub amplifier, oh, hell yes. If anyone can show me a better sounding SQ amp/sub setup for the money, then i'll eat my own ass.

Will also have myself a set of DDC-F17C's, or if i can find them in japan, DDLinear comps, which are the new models of the old school DDDrive range.

Old school nak amps are alright simon, good bits of kit, pretty reliable. They aren't the best about by any means, but they're usually small and rather efficient, which is handy in the little JDM kei-cars etc.

Have just bought myself a Nak MB-75 to go in the S14a, which is an in-dash single din 6cd changer, no internal amplifier (so awesome SQ) etc, basically a chuffing mint bit of kit. it was £750 when new, so should be half decent. Will regularly break, but thats part of the fun, i have an old alpine 7894RB to use if it does decide to rape itself.

im with you on that one man. ive been doing sound sytems to all shapes and sizes of moters for years and years and ive gotten pretty good at it. some times brand names are good and some times its bad. sony shit speaker quality not enough power in the head unit but a 4 year old could work them. alpine really good speakers better head units but fuck up one setting ure gonna be in the instruction manual with a fine tooth comb.

if you in to dance or things with a donk in it nothing beets a 12 incher. (lmao) but if your in to metal or heavy stuff 2 ten inchers will make it sound "punchyer" and acompany the music better but what i would sugest is make sure you get the wiring right it realy gets on to me when i see neds in there corsas and theve got dental floss for cabling and are like " aw this is 1200 wattts man at the sub. puire banging isn't it" omfg what tossers and belive me ive met more than a few.

you lady is right up there ive fitted a couple of the loudest stuff before good quality comming up for compition grade and the fitting kit you get with it is really good with the battery clamp replacement included.But go for the four gauge or the 0 gauge if your going over 600 watts cause u want nice clean powere going to the amp. but dont count out the not so big names i havent heard anyone talk about vibe,fusion,hertz or harmon kardon (if you got like 3000to spend on speakers for the harmon ones) for speakers or the good old faithfull nachamichie head units. i had one in my polo was like 500 for the tape deck looked like a pile of shit would quite hapily leave the face on and not have a fear of it getting stolen. but get this 5 sets of pre outs 2 pre ins seperate equiliser that went under the seat an 5x 60watts (for the center speaker before any one asks) go to halfords and have a playabout on the board or ask them to plug it in off a disply one gives you a good indication of what you will like. personaly i got all fusion except for the head unit old skool alpine all the way. (youd love it ecksjay)

Agree with Rob youll only distort the sound of the shelf speakers if you have a sub in the boot. As far as makes go I reckon you can't beat Alpine on headunits and I know Im biased but MTX do some incredible subs and some great packages. The boot is quite small though so max I managed to fit in is 2 10" subs with the amp mounted in front of them.

if you set the sub up so its just bass and not treble it wont distort the sound ive got it in mine with 6x9's and a sub and the sub just gives the thumping for the bass if i had just that it would drown out the front speakers. if cameras could record sound good i give u guys a listen but like i said ^ ive spent a bit of time and money getting it the way i want.