What made you a starlet junky?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 7 months later...

well i wanted something jap and civics are way too common,then i guy i worked with told me about them,(i had seen one before when i was going to college in greenock turned out to be BEATZ mate roscos),so i went to have a looksy at mine it had venoms and a shopping list down each side.

i wasn't sure and i was like well i know there quick but once i drove it :o f**k me i couldn't part with my cash fast enough :lol: .

and now i'm well and truly a starlet junkie.

I have Keirz to thank for turning me into a Starlet Junky.

Never really took any attention to them, until Keirz bought the N/A and did a few bits and bobs to it. I seen the potential and started to like them more and more.

Now im addicted. :lol::o

pulled up behind a ep82 at a set off lights once and it took off like nothin id ever seen before, wanted one ever since and now i have one

Same here. Searched them on the internet and fell in love with black SR's. Especially when i found out you could do the 4EFTE conversion to them. It's always been the plan i've just denied it to save myself money. Took me a year of owning a Lovely blue Starlet S before i found one. Now the 4EFTE is a reality and will be sorted early next year!!!!!!

I don't think i'll ever let go of this one. When i change i'll probably store it somewhere.lol

P.S. Another old topic you have bumped Shelly!!! Im watching you!!! :lol::):lol::o

His fault ^^^^^^. Im his neighbours cousin and came round one day. Never seen one modified before. Just old people driving them. After i drove it my mind was made up. And the Gee give me a ride in his Glanza then the 4EFTE decision was made.

Had an old '88 lancer station diesel that i got from my mum as a first car.

BIG SLOW and HEAVY but had sooo much space! Could fully load her with 4 people and lotsa bags and beers! of to the sea!! :p

after 2 years of propper service the beast was getting really old and died on me.. :ph34r:

So i started looking for a nice lil car. My bro has a MR2 so ik looked into them + many other cars.

I t had to be a jap, from around '98 with nice looks, good mileage, low service costs and something a bit different.

So that ment no Golf or Corsa for me, people driving them here have the worst record!

Anyway the Civic over here is overpimped and there are simply to much of them.

Then one day a lil red starlet sportif parked in my street. and the next day to etc. etc. and i really started to like it :)

If informed about the car, asked my bro about it, had a wee drive in the red sportif of a nice lady, and fell in love...

And went hunting for one myself!!

Ever since addicted to the lil bastard, first sorting out the looks a bit, now on the handling part and soon on the performance...

This car is never going, to much blood sweat and tears in it :lol:

I think I imported one of the first EP82s (registration number G90 YBU...sadly no more) in the UK back in 1999. Don't know how I came across it now...but I thought it looked like fun. Brought it over, can still remember everyone looking at it, even importers thought it was a Subaru :ph34r: the drive home was full of torque steer fun.

Anyway, I tuned it up using UK parts, reprofiled cams, exhaust, boost etc etc and it ran 210hp when I sold it...great little car. I sold it to get something rwd with more tuning potential, so bought an MR2 Turbo...kept that puppy 6 years and when I sold it, it was running 380hp at the wheels and went like shit off a shovel....with it gone, I needed something hard, track focused and cheap for fun as the 2 bankrupted me...mate was selling his EP82 (that he bought 2 weeks after going for a spin in mine!!) it was sat in a garage for over 2 years.

I went to see it, with the intention of doing it up to sell on, but when she started first time and I drove her the 220 miles home, all the memories came back and I couldn't sell her...so I got to work and as some of you will know from my various ramblings, she's now a bit more fun :lol:

The end.