I started designing a CG starlet in this digital 3d program called maya

That was at 18:00...

I've now just looked at the time n realised its time for bed... or was about 4 hours ago.... :D

I was chatting to Glanza_cl whos on a similar digital 3d course to me by the sounds of it and i said id upload pics before i go bed

So the starlet so far:

JAGSTAR.jpg

Day1.jpg

Day12.jpg

Day13.jpg

Day14.jpg

Day15.jpg

Day16.jpg

Day17.jpg

I've noticed the front corners look much to square so im gonna bring them in a bit when i next attack it aswell as a the geometry not being super so need to tidy it up u touch + cant get the sub division tool to work due to some extra edges or vertex's or sumin but il hunt them down n sort them aswell (for anyone who knows the lingo :))

But yeah getting there slowly... :)

Im also planning on modling all the various bumpers/lip kits/spoiler etc n then rendering out some kind of little sequence where the ep drives about n morphs between bodywork

Then once I've done this one may attempt an ep82 aswell but thats all gonna take time... :lol:

If anyone thinks that doesnt look right needs tweeking a bit here or there let me know etc (baring in mind its not done yet :p)

Give me some feedback :lol:

Day13.jpg

looking good jag, just noticed over the rear arch the poly's stop and don't go down to the side skirt like the front, just throw some along there and it should help the shape, looks like a nice starting point nd it looked like it was smoothed off? did you use turbo smooth or some kinda mesh smooth? as i don't know what modifiers are in maya.

the only car i ever modeled was a dodge in year 1, nd yeah to your question in the other thread i done a level 0 course, here is a quick pic it's not very good as i couldn't be bothered to fix it after the deadline was up lol:

car.jpg

look forward to seeing this little beast come alive.

Cheers for the nicey comments people :p

I may attempt some more in a lil but cant let it overlake my uni work or im screwed :p

Il try getting something work update soon as may have a lil go on it 2nite

Cheers for the nicey comments people :p

I may attempt some more in a lil but cant let it overlake my uni work or im screwed :p

Il try getting something work update soon as may have a lil go on it 2nite

i know what you mean, i wanna just do an nice little side project but never get the chance until summer because of the amount of work piled on.

• 3 weeks later...

I got a bit carried away with this as i wasnt tired earlier so thought id have a play :blink:

Its slowly coming along I ended going through and rejiging a load of it as my orthographic pics vary in size a little

The roofs a little to high and skinny but thats just where im trying to get it all in proportion then gonna downscale it once most of its sorted

Also just started to put some more detail into it now :o

JAGSTAR-Part2-1.jpg

JAGSTAR-Part2-2.jpg

JAGSTAR-Part2-3.jpg

JAGSTAR-Part2-4.jpg

JAGSTAR-Part2-5.jpg

JAGSTAR-Part2-6.jpg

JAGSTAR-Part2-9.jpg

JAGSTAR-Part2-7.jpg

JAGSTAR-Part2-8.jpg

Watch This space :(

Cheers man n yeah will keep bashing it out slowly :p

Stayed up til stupid oclock doing this

Altho i just got so caught up in it its like playing on a games console or sumin

I just get so hooked :p

• 4 weeks later...

Cheers for the comments lads :(

Did some more today as well :harhar:

Hopefully i should have the SR knocked up by then end of christmas

Il render out a few shots of it when its done as theres still quite a few niggley bits that i dont like like the front bumper where the top slats are that needs some more sorting and the rear sides are slightly boad

Next step the lights door handles and bump stripes are going on

Then attack a set of speedlines n do some texturing :D

Any feedback welcome

Also it would be quite helpful if anyone picks up anything thats wrong with it that i can adjust etc :lol:

Hope ya like :thumbsup:

Front.jpg

Back.jpg

Side.jpg

FrontTop.jpg

BackTop.jpg

FrontSide.jpg

FrontSide2.jpg

BackSide.jpg

:D

Hey, i think the bottom bumper has less fins and the grill is a tad diff, the boot lid doesn`t go in to the bumper as much (me being picky lol) but apart from that it looks spot on mate.

Awesome mate, it's coming on really well.

Despite being picky I think Asad is right, and if you're spending this much time on it then you best do it properly.

Really impressed though, keep at it. :thumbsup:

looks pretty neat to me :thumbsup:

there looks like a few niggerly bits in the mesh, but knowing what it is like they will be almost impossible to get perfect.

did you model the doors separate?

an awesome texture for cars is the car paint in max, i don't know if they have it in Maya but gives you the option to create metallic textures and add flake nd different tones

Cheers lads, comments noted!

Il sort them next time i attack it before i do anymore on it

The bit where the top grill meets the bumper is a rite pain in the ass i must of spent like an hr just trying to sort that bit out :s

Proper gay

N then with grill on the bottom bumper its actually got a bit to hold the number plate but i couldnt be bothered with modeling that at the time :harhar:

Also thing Asads rite about the boot slightly to low :thumbsup:

Definaly agree with the mesh needing a touching up especially in the front bumper :s

N i modeled the car as a whole n then cut the doors off to make it easier to model

Dont think theres a car paint type thing I've heard about the one in 3Ds Max though supposed to be prety wikid i hear but il just hunt down some nicey texture n have a play or sumin :lol:

sounds good shame maya doesn't have the paint thing it pretty cool, i would have modeled the doors separate as well so all is well.

how you going to model the wheels nd tires?

a cool way to model tires (you probably all ready no this) is just layout a small plane or rectangle, you could at this point add a tire texture- perhaps uvw map it so it looks right, then add a bend modifier to that then just bend it round to form a circle and lay it over the modeled rim and play around with the verts etc.

• 3 weeks later...

Done some more

Although now its at this stage its gna be a pain in the ass to change as I've noticed a big problem...

The blueprints i was using are wrong and the roof of the car is way to skinny it needs beefing up now :)

Mish....

Cant believe i didnt see it earlier tho

Also realised the front bumpers a bit sticky outy and needs to be rounded off a bit more on the corners

Then the groove in the fenders is a bit prominent so may need to dull that down

Was trying to upload a few more but the combination of my inet and photobucket being bastards means theres only one on there so far

Il chuck a few more up 2moz or sumin

SR1.jpg