im considerin doin a conversion

for a front cut I've been quoted around £6-800, for a decent unabused one.

for the individual body parts required talk to sparky and Idrees. depends ifu go factory or piece the parts together from bargain hunting. its not the cheapest project in the world when u have paint on top, and unless your handy at DIY respraying your talkin like £800 for that too.

can be cheaper to look for a decent auto glanza, there was one for sale near Belfast recently for £1900 i believe, according to the JayStar!

Phil.

yup win win matey.....going out to buy a glanza = easy option if no one converted or anything of the sort just messed around with cracked manis n bigger turbos this site would not really exsist...just the fun, chinwag part :lol:

yup win win matey.....going out to buy a glanza = easy option if no one converted or anything of the sort just messed around with cracked manis n bigger turbos this site would not really exsist...just the fun, chinwag part

true well im skint at the moment but got a payout comin soon so fink im gna by a na just to drive bout it at the moment then prgress from there and of course there will be a progress thread :lol:

Just look for a 3dr n/a in the ideal colour you want, get a good solid base make sure its clean etc dont worry too much abt engine because you will be replacing it anyway if you carry out the convesrion n then go from there

they ceratainly do.....look on ebay theres always loads on there, autotrader etc

another point nicely mentioned....insurance the bastards, my conversion is either save up n fte the thing or gt a glanza n the only real factor that decides it is you guessed it insurance

they ceratainly do.....look on ebay theres always loads on there, autotrader etc

another point nicely mentioned....insurance the bastards, my conversion is either save up n fte the thing or gt a glanza n the only real factor that decides it is you guessed it insurance

need to think :lol: but i think im gonna go for the conversion but thanks for the help guys

Another option would be to buy an auto Glanza on the cheap, and swap it to a manual box (you will need the ECU aswell I think).

While the gearbox is being changed, you could use that time with the engine out to do any modifications to it without the restrictions and fiddlyness of it being in the engine bay.

Its not cheap bud although I havent gone for the cheapest options during the conversion :lol:

The hardest part is finding a Glanza breaking, I was lucky that I know somone who was breaking a Glanza so I just got all the vital parts for the conversion, dash loom and clocks, engine loom, engine and box, rear axle, rear bumper and few other bits and bobs. All that is costing me £900, I still need turbo kit, full exhaust, front mount intercooler, starter motor, plugs and leads and probably few other bits and pieces.

I could skimp out and just buy all the standard bits but I dont see the point and im gonna get a decent fmic, exhaust and turbo kit from the start :lol:

Oh did I mention its not cheap? :lol:

You should listen to Dubse7en mate and also try get talking to Streetracer_Starlet, both really know the score on a conversion.

It certainly is more involving and satisfying but also stressful and more expensive.

Its each to their own, also be aware of your budget and resources available, it may or may not be feasible.

A Glanza is ready to go out of the box, but more common.

If you really like to make your own mark on things you can still do this with a Glanza, to do up an na is harder work whereas if u spent that money doing up the Glanza it would be near ultimate for what you would spend.

Then again some people are just mad :lol:

Good luck with your decision pagey.

Joz