Its good that you have got it back mate, and that is repairable.

Shame there's so much damage, but at least it wasn't burnt out.

Can't believe they had a mashete with them! They were obviously intent on taking the car with no one stopping them!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like it's misfiring. How does it drive? A new set of spark plugs and a good service should see you right. Don't forget if there is damaged wiring then it could be shorting out on something.

Bourkey

no i havnt driven it yet my insurance cancelled so someone else had to drive it back for me its being taken to a family friends garage though and there going to look over everything

Yeah Whalley range... There are are sum noobs from down there.. 200miles.. wow.. must of been up to sumit.. and in them 200miles police only seen it once?lol..

Am jus happy u got it back.. do u still lose your No Claims?

ive decided to not go through insurance i'm just going to repair it myself and keep my no claims already got the piece of dashboard on the way just have to find the other bits, just found out though that the bastard took my damn flare as well pretty gutted about that actually.

heres a nice photo for everyone to enjoy, go this in the garage before taking the car

Image029.jpg

used the shoe for comparison, i'm a size 10 and etnies are a pretty big shoe!

this is the thing, its stupid, my mum often goes on the tills in homebase, and it gets flagged up when buying a cutlery set, that they need to have ID... but when strimmers and seceteers go through, nothing is asked.. stupid!

no i still haven't seen it yet been busy getting back to college but its been in the garage a couple of days though now and had to be kept overnight which doesn't really seem like a good sign. i'll keep updating this though as i find out more

thats pretty savage on the car!

worse thing is when i had reset the miles after putting some petrol in in was on 7 and when i go the car back it was on 227 and thats how its been driven for all those miles after i've always driven it carefully and maintained it

a thought for people who know more about engines than i do, since the car has been thrashed on normal roads its probably been on the motorway at some point and i still have the limiter on so its probably been at a constant 112mph for quite stretch is this something that could have damaged the engine and be causing this idling problem?

got the news on repairs i need to make on the GT back from the garage today, i need a new steering column and everything with it, new lock set, new door and a few other things either way its been priced up to about £600 just for parts and thats not including the cam belt which is due, so thats really pissed me off that i have to spend all this money just to get my car back to the way i always kept it instead of using the money on new parts.

hopefully i can get the parts myself ive already come across a steering column but its from a 92 GT im just wondering if it will fit my 95 quadlight before i buy it?

thanks

Holy s*** man thats proper f***ed up how come the police didnt find the sword ffs!

Id keep it for security maybe hidden by the front door?

Encase they come back

Did they rack up any miles on it while in the process?

Also whats the deal with the speeding tickets im guessing your not going to have to pay them?

Hope ya get it all sorted soon man n get it back to its former glory

:D

Im really sorry that this has happened but at LEAST you got the car back.

i know its a shit possition to be in, but just think it could of been a whole lot worse;

1) not got the car back

2) had that machette in your face...

I hope they find the f*ckers and that you get the car back to normal again soon.

Mitch

• 4 weeks later...