2litre turbo nova vs ep82

theres hundreds of the wee shites round here, nearly every nova/corsa is...

yea theyre quick but its a c20let and 2.0... if you have a f28-f20 gearbag on them they fly sure, but the owners like to chat it and havent a clue who built it because theyve all had 45 owners and been rebuilt more than 13 times

youl be surprised when a 20 year old nova is sticking on your arse round corners... that wont have coilovers etc either, starlets handle similar to novas as same set up

The funny thing is that these pricks are comparing a 2.0 turbo to a 1.3 turbo.

If you want to compare a 2 liter engine then lets compare a 2.0 Toyota engine to the C20LET.

According to wikipedia the 3SGTE has up to 260bhp as standard, C20LET's had just over 200.

JDM 3SGTE is 255bhp.

But yeah, the C20LET Nova absolutely destroyed me but my GT is pretty much stock bar exhaust so what doya expect! Seen a few Z20LET Corsa's but never seen them go; bet they're pretty quick though! If they got the better gearbox, good tyres and LSD then they'll get the jump on a GT I reckon. Who cares though...its a Nova with an engine conversion. A fair test would be comparing a stripped out C20LET Nova against a stripped out 3SGTE GT. Then its the same; stripped out, lightweight car with a 2.0l turbo lump in it! :)

ROFL!!! Thats my home town I know that car I've even drove it before those fellas in that vid got it was'nt that quick believe me sure look at the vid thats a standard ep it did'nt really dissapear did it. It had the 1.1 Merit drums on the back it was a death trap pulled all over the road. That thing died along time ago the chassis snapped in two because it was'nt seem welded lol. Apparently its getting fixed and when/if it does I'll get a vid of it 'stalking' a tongs @ 1.2 bar.:)

A friend of mine put a 2 litre red top in his 1litre vauxhall corsa and its about as fast as a standard glanza..

Although he did say they are 150bhp standard... perhaps not a c20let.. i know nothing about vauxhall's maybe you can tell lol

Why do Vauxhall engine swap. Your just going to make it break down even quicker than it would have in the first place :) .

Bourkey

there are a couple of 1.6 novas in our local rally scene, and they go really well in the fwd class, setup properly they go very well!

im no vauxhall lover but almost all super 16 rally cars run vauxhall engines so they must be fairly quick and reliable when tuned a little.

Phil

CAL- early vauxhall 2.0 16valve were red top (i think pre 96 or something, not 100% on year) which did have red engine covers, they then changed the red top to ecotec and detuned it slightly.

vauxhall engines are really good, very reliable used the world over in motorsport and are popular engine conversions.

those guys in the vid are idiots as comparing a 2.0 ltr turbo to a 1.3 turbo is hardly fair lol

i like nova's with the turbo engines put in them and tuned correctly ( i.e handling brakes etc etc ) there just something really fun about small car big power.

i'm not carist i appreciate all types of cars and modding