Lexus IS200

I was tempted at getting one of these later in the year and doing a bit of work to it, but the high mileage and the fact that their 2.0 with just under 160bhp kinda put me off lol.

Looking at the specs, my Paseo could probably keep up lol

Iron fist in a velvet glove imho....it was the best car to have at one point (voted by some mag i read ages ago) with regards to the shed load of features luxury/security it came with as standard would love my old man to get one rwd ftmfw

It's a right bummer :) Such a good looking car, with a huge spec and low milers can be had for £4k!

I really want to stay Jap but for my £4k budget there isn't much out there! Well, of course there is but not with my check list! Not too old, no real risk of rust and under 80k miles.

Shame the S14As just don't meet my standards :)

It's a right bummer :) Such a good looking car, with a huge spec and low milers can be had for £4k!

I really want to stay Jap but for my £4k budget there isn't much out there! Well, of course there is but not with my check list! Not too old, no real risk of rust and under 80k miles.

Shame the S14As just don't meet my standards :)

Could you not buy a high milage one (cheaper and doesn't matter about miles) and then convert it to turbo with new internals?

Then again insurance would be a bitch...

Nearly 25 mate :)

The SR was the car that got me back into cars, I've been tooling around on sports bikes for the past few years. (I work for a Honda bike dealership)

My bike has about 40bhp more than my car now I think of it! Haha!

Oh and Ste, I want a nice reliable car! If I started doing that, I'd blow the mother up in about 15 minutes! :)

Galliano mate, I'm scared of rust now, hence wanting something newish. I've been looking into going down the dark route and getting something VAG... Corolla T Sport seemed cool but my Mrs. had one already, I want something different :)

I wouldn't be scared of rust because of the Starlet. Yours must have been a bad example, maybe you live near the coast? Sand/saltwater isn't good I hear.

I had my Starlet up on a ramp the other day and underneath it was spotless (other than the obvious dirt...) but there was no rust or anything it was good.

IS200 has the 2.0 1gfe engine producing 155bhp

turbo's are pretty rare and only about three exist in this country, all of them have cost their owners 10's of thousands of pounds

the engines are pretty weak in standard form and 240 bhp is about all they will take, before the conrods take a quick exit

superchargers are more common, bringing the bhp up to around 210, look to pay about £2000 for a charger as they are now not made and getting very sought after

however the Altezza imported from japland comes with the 3sge and has 220 bhp as standard, turbo's are available but limited power unless the engine is forged

not the quickest cars 0-60 in about 9 secs, top speed 140mph

but they are great motorway cruisers and will sit doing 120 all day if you want

quiet, very well equipped cars, and super reliable

pop over to the lexus owners club and find out all you need to know

i have a supercharged IS200 myself :)

I had one of these for 2 Years and although they aint the quickest Car they are alot of FUN :)

They have a lot of Potential and I use to Drift mine and then I blinged it up when I went through a American LowRider phase lol

Officially the Lowest IS200 in the UK :) I do miss her soooo lol

ChrisLexus.jpg

Ahhhhhh I remember that one

I would be quite tempted by the Alteza, but I think insurance would rape me what with it being an import and me being 20 with 1 years ncb when my renewal comes round, I'm only 19 atm :)

I did see a mint white one at BDC Round 6 last year, had a supra lump in it, and sounded amazing!

That is cool Red :)

Have you got any pictures? Before and during the lowrider stage???

I think, reading up, if I were to get one I'd get the sport. It comes with a slightly better spec and a LSD. Not that it would make much more difference to me but I may aswell get as much as I can for the money!

I had one of these for 2 Years and although they aint the quickest Car they are alot of FUN :p

They have a lot of Potential and I use to Drift mine and then I blinged it up when I went through a American LowRider phase lol

Officially the Lowest IS200 in the UK :) I do miss her soooo lol

ChrisLexus.jpg

Now you all know why he is called LowRed :p

Loved that car mate

As said Muddyell has one, think he picked it up for like £1700!!

Lexus are renowned (sp) for their reliability and are quite luxurious and modern for their age :)

Supra engine conversion FTW :p

I would have one but they need a bit more oomph really! The altezza would be my choice, or you could pick up a tidy N/A supra for 4K

Theres a lot of IS200's on auto trader well below 4K with as little as 60K on the clock

Still have mine mate

They are not the quickest car off the mark tbh but they are good when you get it goin

They do cost alot to run tho just to warn you

Sparky has seen how much fun they car be provided you buy the sport (it has an LSD :surrender: )

@sparky-i paid alot more than tha for mine lol