JAM ecu, with HDI EBC-R/rocket arming switch..

ive got a HDI EBC-R and i also opted for the rocket arming switch to change from low and high boost. its just hit me tho, the JAM ecu i am going to be buying... will it hold 2 different maps if you like, one for low and one for high, or will i have to give each setting a few runs each time i change from low to high or visa versa?? cuz i want to be able at the flick of a switch get an extra 30-40 BHP, but not sure if it is safe to just turn it up high and boot it, if the ecu will not have the correct fueling map in place straight away... sorry if im not making sense im trying to explain the best i can!!

cheers to anyone who can shed some light on the situation!

Jay

The Ecu will most likely be mapped for a Ct9 at 1bar of boost but will work most effeciently for what ever boost it was mapped for.

It will run less boost perfectly safe, but will run slightly richer on a lower boost setting, limiting power output. So in otherwords it be fine. :surrender:

Just find out what the Jam was mapped for originally if you can, and get it on the rolling road to check the afrs and power output at certain boost levels.

My old blitz ecu for instance was still running quite rich even at 1 bar epsecially higher up in the rev range.

• 2 weeks later...

its not a "who has the best bits" dick swinging contest.

its fact, HDI boost controllers are not very good, they dont hold boost very well or accuratly.

i was only recommending what i would buy as i have had experience with the hdi the blitz and the greddy and was trying to steer you in the right direction.

you dont have to listen to my advice you cocky little prick. but i will have the "i told you so" card waiting for when it overboosts without you realising and you lose your ringlands.

so go enjoy your boost.

cocky little prick? what have i said thats cocky? right, as far as im aware when you post somthing say a question for example... you post it to get advice on the question in hand. i have brought the hdi out of my choice, i have had blitz before, was happy with it and im not saying its not worth the money, or which i would rather have. FACT is im buildin a turbo lump up, not buying a peice of equipment bit by bit... so this has cost me a fair amount already. i was originaly goin with a manual controller but was then sold on this. if you are sayin that you have had HDI gear, then surely you could shed some light on the actual question asked, instead of telling me what i have brought is not up to your standard, or im sure anyones standard as its so bad?

from what i can see your just taking this futher as u dont like what ive brought... i said at the start it hasnt answered my question cuz it clearly hadnt. now IM being called a cocky little prick? just let it go mate, i have..

Like the one on Tgtt sparky? Expect its pretty good, blitz have always been known to make good ebcs, even the old ones.

As for the original question, the hdi will do the job you want it to do mate. If you dont like it or are not impressed, sell it and buy something else. Its your decision what you think of it at the end of the day. :D

i have had experience with the HDI, the blitz and the greddy units.

i still stand by the "sell it and get a better one" statement i made earlier. as i said before. the HDI ones dont have a proper gain control. so managing boost is never easy.

if youre spending good money on a turbo motor, why skimp on one of the most important pieces of kit?

i have used a Greddy profecB2 (on my starlet) and it was great, held boost perfectly and i was running more than your average levels of boost.

the blitz item is also good, i have the DSBCR on my s15 and i know of other people who use it and its really bloody good, better than the greddy even.

with this in mind. think about your options. is a potential engine rebuild worth the 50 quid youre saving by using the HDI?