i am modifying and cleaning up my EP82 at the moment and have kept looking at my air-con. would it be a big job to take it all off. Will i get a belt to fit ok when it is removed AND will it add bhp or not much difference. thankyou mark

it will have alot more power and you can just get a belt for a non aircon starlet :p

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

An A/C fuel cooler allmost make up for it... A A/C air intake cooler was maked as well but I don't know if it works...

no shaun, it wont give you any more power, but it will make the car lighter if you remove the compressor etc. the exact weight has been documented on tgtt.

and from what i remember, a standard 4e-fe belt will suffice after removing it.

no shaun, it wont give you any more power, but it will make the car lighter if you remove the compressor etc. the exact weight has been documented on tgtt.

and from what i remember, a standard 4e-fe belt will suffice after removing it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well ac takes about 5 bhp when actived...

Well its weight from the front wheels you take... This is the last place to light up your car... But yes it is weight, and there is not a single car that need weight....

Cheers for all that advice people great help. im in two minds you see.

Is it the suzuki swift radiator that can be made to fit the starlets will this make the car run hotter or are they around the same size because i noticed the standard unit is very thin. I mite as well do everything while it is off the road. Please could you keep me informed on how you get on removing tour air-con Starlet boy thankyou again...

• 2 weeks later...

yes, when its ON, with it turned off its like any other engine, without any additional load on it (you replace the a/c belt with a smaller one, doesn't give it any more power).

it becomes lighter without it, yes, but will not make it any more powerful, just lighter (and hence quicker).

• 3 weeks later...

i now use my starlet for sprint racing so ill do anything to try and release some stolen bhps!

ive taken all the ac off mine. yes it is lighter once the pump, pipes and radiator are all off i was suprised to feel how heavy they all were. i say you loosing the weight of a big battery doing so!

once off i put a belt back on for my power steering. even if the ac isnt on the belt still has to turn the pump so it does free up a few bhp.

the biggest difference is the fact that without the ac rad in the front, the car now runs alot cooler which really helps performance!