Russells Glanza Rep

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ta :p. yes me n 2 of my mates just randomly decided that we would start it today and just finished doin the loom the now.

not sure when im gettin time off but i figure cant do no harm to take the engine out of this just now :p.

Russell

cool. ill remember that when i do it.

slight progress . got one driveshaft off today. didnt go as planned so ended up just rippin it out. none of the bolts on the hub would come off. snapped bout 5 tools . at this point i decided im not doin my own cv boot on my car but anyway one drive shaft is off and one to go before i can work on the box comin out.

after this all happened in the rain i had to do somethin that would make me feel good when finished so...

P4270001.jpg

could a mod change the subtitle in my topic aswell :thumbsup:. just put it to swap in progress or somethin

Russell

Commin on real good buddy!

- i dont know how pernikity you are.. but, yer Rear lights, are you getting Import ones or keeping them UK Spec?

Other than that.. nice progress and hope it goes well for ya:)

CK

Commin on real good buddy!

- i dont know how pernikity you are.. but, yer Rear lights, are you getting Import ones or keeping them UK Spec?

Other than that.. nice progress and hope it goes well for ya:)

CK

ill be taking the lights off the sleeper when i can be bothered :D.

The gearbox will take nearly both bottles. Mix 1/2 of the friction stuff in with the normal oil before putting it all in. Remember only use 1/2 the bottle of the friction stuff,anymore and it can mess up the syncros :D

ok so half of friction stuff will do the whole box ? may aswell ask whats the best engine oil to buy aswell ?

if rain stays off will be gettin the engine loom and box out today then i need to get a hold of an engine hoist but may just buy one and sell it when im done.

• 2 weeks later...

update. sorry for the lack of pictures. i just dont think about taking any once I've started but :

Bought an engine hoist and now the engine is out .

basically everythin that is goin into my car is out and waiting apart from the walbro fuel pump. bought all my bits n bobs for a service also

this friday my car begins to be taken to bits and hopefully by moneday the fte should be gettin dropped in.

countdown to friday.

again sorry for nae pictures. ill defo take some of the engine going into mind :thumbsup:.

Russell

nice progress mate! how come you took the whole dash out? you keeping it stripped? :o

well i needed the interior loom from it so everything came out :p not stripping anything out yet but if i get the silver one back up and use that as a work/runabout then i might be tempted to fully strip out the rep .

Russell