Russells Glanza Rep

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

with the dash you just have to make sure you have all the screws out and it comes out ok. i just missed a few and was gettin annoyed that it wouldnt budge. can always giev ya a hand if you need it mate.

soundo, started today, got the front end stripped today, gona get the dash and shafts tomorrow.

should have no bother with the dash was just wanting to know if there were any bits with the wiring that you could give me piointers on, il persist though

• 1 month later...

couple little updates. no decent pictures yet though. got my half sized rad fitted ( although it isnt mounted in a very secure way ) and blitz sus filter on and relocated with a cusomised s bend pipe. got some new tires too. <_<

found a few problems though

1.brake drums were making terrible noises , had a look and i have no pads and when i pull up the handbrake it barely moves so i wanna change to discs instead of fixing it

2. backbox has a hole in it ( was there already but i dont like it )

3. dumpvalve appears not to want to dump

4. roadrunner mani has a crack at the weld where the 4 pipes come together and is leaking a small amount of air.

soo a few things to fix. will take some pictures of good and bad bits tomorrow

• 1 month later...

time for a little update. brake time.

got my rear brake setup today so i can get rid of drums.

P1010001-1.jpg

not very pretty looking but it will be ;).

cleaned up one caliper and painted most of it and just need to paint the other side once thats dry.

P1010003-1.jpg

new setup for the front also. the td fast road brake package.

ebc drilled and grooved discs with yellow stuff pads. braided lines and brake fluid.

P1010002-1.jpg

will also be doin the front calipers in the same gold colour as the back ones.

and what would my update be without a question lol

whats the best way to get the piston back into the caliper because when i was cleanin it i was movin a part around not thinkin that it was moving the piston ? knew they were stiff but i cant get it to budge.

should have another update around xmas with my 2 weeks off. should see the completion of my other car 2 :thumbsup:

Russell

Ye mate, as Micky says, they need to be wound back, just really need pushed and turned either left or right depending on side.

You may need a tool depending on how tight they are,

Just remember when you put them on, pump the foot brake fully before touching the handbrake as thats the adjustment.

Everything looks good thou

Gary

• 1 month later...

little update :thumbsup:

had to buy a new exhaust because my decat is falling to bits and its an old style wepr sytem so decat i bought didnt fit it soo got me a jperformance exhaust.

P1220002.jpg

and got this for it

P1220010.jpg

could have painted the blitz better but brush was rubbish lol.

now i need to go out in the rain and fit these :lol:

lol they the ones of the silver car that used to be the sleeper. took them off as was gonna put it back to standard but decided against it and gonna sell the car as is once its runnin again.

the exhaust has a mega baffle in it but i think it will be stayin in becuase i use the car to take my dad to work in and you have to shout. :thumbsup:

fitted the decat and exhaust yesterday in the rain and it looks old already after drivin for 1 day :thumbsup:P1240002.jpg

doesnt sit right with the bumper but it will do the now lol.

P1240005.jpg

now for the pictures of the old downpipe lol

P1240003.jpg

P1240004.jpg

didnt sound the greatest.

lol no deal :thumbsup:

how will i get it to sit right? just bend the hangar a bit. well sounds alot quiter in the car because the noise isnt coming from the front anymore lol but sounds great with the window open.

take out the exhaust silencer dude, sounds a beast without it :p

lol im quite happy with the sound that it makes just now and it has the silences in it and also a bung in the backbox so if i NEED that extra noise i can take the bung out first. :)

whats your plans like, are you gona sell it?

was talking about the silver one :p white one has only just begun. sooo much to do so little time. well more the money than the time lol