Russells Glanza Rep

looking good mate!

really really intrested in the sound of this exhaust!

it has a baffle + a silencer? what do you mean exactly? i konw about the silencer you can pull out of the exhaust.

i like the fact it has a sporty note but not to loud, so its ok to drive daily.

could you make a vid of it by any chance? :D

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

meant it has a silencer in the system then another one in the backbox that like ya said ya can take out which i advise as mine came apart and i was goin mad wonderin wht was rattlin :D. i checked my camera and it dont take sound with videos so i cant really get the sound of it on tape.

sorry. ill send ya a vid if i do manage to get a camera with video.

meant it has a silencer in the system then another one in the backbox that like ya said ya can take out which i advise as mine came apart and i was goin mad wonderin wht was rattlin :D. i checked my camera and it dont take sound with videos so i cant really get the sound of it on tape.

sorry. ill send ya a vid if i do manage to get a camera with video.

thanks mate would be great, i got the same exhaust and was wondering about the noise levels.

i like a sporty sound but i don't want to wake up the entire neighbourhood when i start up the car. :D

little update. got my powdercoated rocker cover today. going to be for my rebuilt engine if the engine in my car lasts long enough till its done haha.

goldrocker2.jpg

not as metalicy as i had hoped so im looking into having one anodised but not sure anodising hadles heat.

also after asking around about my engine pushin oil through the catch can im gonna change my pcv and give the can a good clean up and see if it solves anythin and if not i may take this car off the road after i get the n/a back on the road to take it apart and rebuild the bottom end and then put it back on the road again. or if it last long enough keep it on the road and start collecting bits for a forged build :lol:. confusing much ????

also i was gonna do a 5efte forged build but after a little thought since it is gonna be my first engine build im gonna do a 4e instead so its easier for parts and just in general.

plus got my plugs from nick from TD thanks mate :rolleyes:

yeh im just gettin worried my build is gonna get set back to rebuilt my engine im using the now because i checked again just now and sooo much shit comin out the catch can and if its because its full ill be even more worried because it was just emptied haha.

yeh i was thinkin it would be hard and i just had a moan at a mate about it and he was like oh my bosses mate does it ill ask him about it tonight. ill need to speak to my mate later n see what the guy said. hopefully he said he can do it and for only £1 :lol:

got my spare bottom end to rebuild. hopefully funds allow for it being rebuilt in a couple of months. also need to find a good machineshop in edinburgh. anyone know of one ??

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

damage

4.jpg

5.jpg

in that picture what is the little black seal for ? need to replace its gone a bit brittle.

how can i tell if the oil pump is ok to use again. trying to keep this rebuild cheap as its just basically to save me driving 6 hours to japfest for my piston to totaly give up on me.

also does anyone have a rough idea of machine shop prices for stuff like crank regrinds and i might get them to put the internals back together also. ??

• 4 weeks later...

little update on the engine rebuild. i was gonna save all the little bits I've bought for the forged build but i might just use everythin i have for japfest lol

painted and rehoned block.

P4090003.jpg

P4030002.jpg

some white hoses.

whitehoses.jpg

have ordered new main and big end bearings and thrust washers, piston rings , oil pump seal , the other seal on the oil pump, new bolts for oil pump and water pump and then the o ring for the water supply but and for the oil strainer too. just need to wait on all the bits and get some assembly oil and i should be good to go.

plan in to take out my whole engine out and swap everythin onto the new bottom end outide the car and put a whole engine back in. im gonna aim for a day :)

this bottom end is getting built basically so i can go to japfest without engine worries. its getting so bad. my mate had a look at it earlier and took the oil fill cap off to see and put his hand over it (engine running) and in about 2 seconds his hand was dripping oil and i was covered in dotts of it even tho i wa a good couple foot from the wing.

i will defo be going forged after this is fixed. if my bottom end is still in usuable condition then ill just use that lol :)

another small update.

inspired by steve i got the paint renovator onto my car and halfway through it looked like this lol

halfpolished.jpg

afterwards i went to toyota to pick up all of this

enginerebuildparts.jpg

consists of everything thats rubber from the bottom end and any bolts or studs for attatching things to the bottom end B) I've got a fear of snapping stuff. theres also some brake parts in there for the other car too and piston rings

also I've finally got some tools B) ( I've never owned any apart from a set of allan keys )

tools1.jpg

tools2.jpg

blue point 100 pc set. got for 140 quid instead of the dealer 400 ish according to my wee catalogue ;).lifetime guarantee on everythin. quite chuffed lol only 6 weeks late aswell haha. maybe progress will be a bit better now.

only left waitin for bearings and ill buy my gear oil and engine oil etc this week.