Russells Glanza Rep

all parts will be here on tuesday to build my spare engine and hopefully if it all goes to plan ill get

1. the pistons and crank in on tuesday

2. everythin else bar main crank pulley ( dont have a spare one ) bolted on by friday

3. after work take the head of current engine and put it on to the spare one and get the crank pulley off my engine.

4. time up the engine and put all belts on

5. drop engine out of my car

6. engine off stand and put gearbox on

7. drop into car and connect up

8. test drive

9. wait for japfest

my clutch doesnt slip at the moment so it should be in decent condition so im not replacing that just now as its to expensive :lol:

Wish me luck peoples.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

engine swap went ahead at the weekend and looks like i can make japfest :rolleyes:. engien bay doesnt looke much different because i didnt have many bits to change or time to paint anythin. but still a weekish to go to clean it.

some pics.

P5080014.jpg

took a little picture of when the front end was in the air. looks looooooow

P5080013.jpg

still time for a good clean yet and i have the rocker cover to go on

P5100020.jpg

thats all I've taken so far lol

i also took my old pistons out the old block today to find this.

P5100016.jpg

P5100018.jpg

P5100017.jpg

P5100019.jpg

so hopefully should be good now :(

plan for japfest is since i still have about 80mm on my coilovers is to lower it a bit.

so thanks to rory i think it was who first said it was ringlands

ofcourse :lol: 2 annoying drips though. 1 of oil coming from the turbo oil feed bolt but i think its because the washers sitting on a half painted surface so need to clean that up and a random coolant drip every few mins so ill get a look under before japfest.

ill need to run it in untill i get there and probs more tho lol.

is there a set way to run it in or just drive carfully. i havent went over 3k so far and its doin wonders for full lol just past 1/4 tank and 135 miles . n thats including the big spray of wasted petrol i got when someone forgot to tighten the fuel rail bolt B)

gary has told me the plan for goin down to japfest

• 6 months later...

car has been sold. engine failed again. ringland on one of th pistons again :lol: i think the problem in general with this was how often i had to drive it as it was my everyday car but now i have a sensible car my next project can be silly :(