• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its about time you started posting again

Idrees when you come up mate go see him he only lives a few doors up the road i'm sure he wouldnt mind

Also Bourkey jumping into outdoor heaters will not help you recover :lol:

Craig

The blog is a very good idea mate.

Even reading what you last posted is very of putting mate.

Would hate to be in your shoes. Hope you can get back to full health as quickly as possible.

I think your mad getting a bike but thats just me :D

Unless your on about a moped :lol: but I seen on Facebook you was talking about a Ninja or something? lol

All the best mate

I've only just came across this mate...

This makes me look at driving in such a different light mate - and for that i want to say thankyou.

I wish you all the best in your recovery mate, and dont worry about a thing - the world of medicine is amazing and ever-adfvancing so they've got your back.

I can only imagine the pain you're in bud, but persevere and you'll manage :lol:

as for the bike idea, i do think you're a bit mental :D but like you said in not so many words, you dont know whats around the next corner...

Take care and a speedy speedy full recovery :D

Blair

Thanks all :wub:

Yeah my recovery is still going fairly slow but i will get there in the end. I just have to be patient to let everything heal now and hopefully i will not need any more operations. I'll be getting my license in August if all goes well so that is what im now aiming for. Only 31 weeks to go :o.

The reaction to the bike idea is as i expected. But life is too short to not do something i've always wanted to do. Plus im not paying £3k+ insurance for a little crap rust bucket. @ Sparky - Yes the bike i want is an 07 ZX6R ninja :D. There is so much that points me towards a bike, the insurance, the running costs, parking it up at work, etc etc. Im getting my car license back as soon as i can to get it out of the way but the chances of me getting a car for a few years are pretty slim.

@ Craig - Oh you mean some pissed up bell end, thinking it is a good idea to push me into something that could have blown up when i have a broken arm :p. Nah that wont help me at all i know.

@ Idrees - Yeah you and Craig can pop round to say hello if im in. Nice to know im thought of still :D.

@ Blair & anup67 - Trust me it aint worth taking the risk for.

Bourkey

• 2 months later...

Hi all,

Well it is now a year on since the accident. Since I last posted things have improved massively. The last operation was a big step back at first as I could barely move again, and losing all the movement in my hand again was extremely frustrating again. But now my arm feels so much better. I have a new metal plate and 8 screws in my arm instead of the rod I had. This coupled with artificial bone graft in the middle has made the bone heal rapidly. My arm actually feels as one again for the first time in a year.

Hear it is now.

P1528_19-01-10.jpg

I have now also been fully discharged from hospital so I never have to go back...hopefully :thumbsup:. I just have to excercise it back to full stregnth now on my own by going to the gym etc.

Now im on the right track to getting better now im starting to want to get on the road again. I've not really been fussed until now as I've not been able to physically drive so it has bothered me. Now im itching to get my license again to get on the road and I now only have less than 22 weeks until the ban is up. Obviously this will be on a bike now as said earlier, due to the stupid amount insurance companies want for a car. Some may not mind paying £3k+ for insurance but not me. If I had a lottery win then I would but im not chucking money down a drain insuring a 1.0l Micra for £3k when I could be enjoying myself on a 600cc bike for a fraction of the price.

It has been a pretty bad year overall and is only just starting to get better. I've had 5 and a half months off work, 5 operations, LOTS of physiotherapy, lots of stress, lost my license, lost my car I spent 2 years building up, missed out on all the car stuff I did before and lost my health I had before. It seriously is amazing how much a split second decision, which by the way I still don't remember, changes your life massively. Every single person in the world will speed at some point to varying degrees, every single person does something they shouldn't EVERY day. You are lying to yourself if you disagree. The important thing is if you get away it. I didn't and some of you probably haven't in the past. I survived this by shear luck. So take care on the roads this summer and don't make manoeuvres that you won't get away with in stupid places!

Bourkey

My little beast before

DSCF2260.jpg

DSCF2256.jpg

enlightning post, i got out of my tumble with just a scratch,

the older i get the more para i get about driving my car.

i get ocd about my tyre pressures a lot and also weard noises in the car. always stopping to check them out.

its good to see you back on the mend but seirusly you get out of a crash which almost snuffed you out to get onto a 600cc bike. with what ever way you look at it thats not a wise move dude. bike riders make great organ donors.

what does siobhanbanhnahbahbn think of the bike idea?

Glad to see your recovering mate!

As Enzo said, a bit risky getting onto a 600cc bike but then again like you said, you only live once :thumbsup:

When i'm in my 20's, i want a bike so i don't blame you :harhar:

@ Enzo -Yeah i remember your crash. God knows how you escaped with a few cuts. You rolled a good few times if i remember correctly!!

Might not be the wisest idea in most peoples eyes but it is what i have always wanted. Anything could happen any time of your life so you might as enjoy it :thumbsup:. Trust me i have learnt my lesson, the hard way at that but one truly learnt. I'll have the odd laugh on a bike but i know what can happen if it all goes wrong.

Siobhan doesn't mind. She said i'd better not be daft on it though or she will kick the crap out of me...which she will.

Bourkey

Guest ep82_girl

glad your on the road to recovery :thumbsup: your very very lucky!!!

think your topic hits home for alot of people and hopefully what has happened is a lesson for everyone and hopefully can prevent another accident.

xxxx

bloody hell mate i havnt seen that b 4 and that is some accident - im glad your getting better now - but fuck me overtaking 2 cars on snake pass going round a corner with no turbo ?????

are you fucking mad ???

It was turbo with and estimated power of 170-180bhp so it wasn't a slow car at all. The speed wasn't the main issue anyway. The main problem was the rear axle going light AFTER over taking B).

Bourkey

look on the 1st page mate,hed dun the turbo conversion(dirty great big IC)

just readin this topic bourkey and its not too dis-similar to wot happend to me 2months ago,ova takin a people carrier,a silver zafira type 1 57 reg, and the cunt put his foot down and held me out til we wer on the crest of a hill to which an n reg corsa came ova and hit me.the car was then seen to circle a roundabout 200m down the road THREE TIMES and fuck off leavin me trapped in ma wee car with a broken nose and thigh bone and blood EVERYWHERE(il post pics wen i find the lead for the digi cam)

for days afta it every time i shut my eyes i cud just see the corsas headlights.I've suffered mentally BIG TIME.court hearin is on the 30th march,defo a ban and woteva else they decide.

im getin the book thrown at me because they cant trace the bastard that held me out.just like bourkey I've lost my pride and joy I've workd on for 2years and had many a great time in,but it saved my life and i cant thank it enuf.

1 bad decision, 1 people carrier and alot of regret.

i too hav a pin in my leg and its defo not funny,rly painful and cant walk properly or run yet.

i wont ova take on that stretch again,and despise people carriers for life lol

sorry to hi-jack your topic mate

I apologise for saying this, as I don't know the circumstances Paul, but when you realised he was keeping it up, could you not have braked and pulled him behind him? Or was there not enough time?

its cool mate!

it all happend very very quikly blue,i actually shouted out my open window "wot the fuck r u doin" i heard his engine drop gears and nail it.obviously 1 of these people who hate getin ovatakin eh!

wen i crash i was actually pullin in,as ul c from the pix wen ther posted,the damage is all to the right side,that much so my square regy plate didnt hav 1 mark on it!

@ Bluebear - I really see your point Nick but the majority of people would keep their foot down as you just think about getting past. I would brake and you might but a great deal wouldn't. I understand exactly what situation Paul was in.

@ PaulStarletSR - Yeah accident doesn't sound too different. Luckily im still oblivious to what happened as my memory of the night and 3-4 days after still has not come back. I see what you mean mentally as well. You really feel down after. I was off for 3 and a half months on my own at home. You have too much time with your thoughts. What you could have done etc. Really gets to you. The way i got through is just keeping myself busy all the time with exercise/work etc. I guess i wore myself a lot but it kept me happy and not down. Keep your chin up and just get yourself better bud.

Everyone makes stupid mistakes all the time but some get caught out like us. Itt is a real shame you will get into trouble as it wasn't your fault but it is just unlucky. Unless you have witnesses it would be a struggle to defend im afraid. you could just make it worse as if you defend and found guilty they give you a worse punishment.

Bourkey

look on the 1st page mate,hed dun the turbo conversion(dirty great big IC)

just readin this topic bourkey and its not too dis-similar to wot happend to me 2months ago,ova takin a people carrier,a silver zafira type 1 57 reg, and the cunt put his foot down and held me out til we wer on the crest of a hill to which an n reg corsa came ova and hit me.the car was then seen to circle a roundabout 200m down the road THREE TIMES and fuck off leavin me trapped in ma wee car with a broken nose and thigh bone and blood EVERYWHERE(il post pics wen i find the lead for the digi cam)

for days afta it every time i shut my eyes i cud just see the corsas headlights.I've suffered mentally BIG TIME.court hearin is on the 30th march,defo a ban and woteva else they decide.

im getin the book thrown at me because they cant trace the bastard that held me out.just like bourkey I've lost my pride and joy I've workd on for 2years and had many a great time in,but it saved my life and i cant thank it enuf.

1 bad decision, 1 people carrier and alot of regret.

i too hav a pin in my leg and its defo not funny,rly painful and cant walk properly or run yet.

i wont ova take on that stretch again,and despise people carriers for life lol

sorry to hi-jack your topic mate

thats nasty dude, it mirrors my accident a wee bit. luckily the ford galaxy driver stopped when he seen me barrel rolling in his rear view mirror. otherwise i would have been fucked by the popo too.

i get a bit miffed thinking about that zafira driver not stopping, one thing ive noticed been back behind the sr is you have no power when some one deicides to accelarate when you over take.

Not nice Paul B) At least you got off ok, that's the main thing.

I see what you mean mentally as well. You really feel down after .... You have too much time with your thoughts. What you could have done etc. Really gets to you.

Know this feeling all too well when I had the write off in the red N/A. If I was faster pulling out, his front end would have been into the car cabin, drivers side. Not a nice thought. Kept mulling over, what if I had bothered to have breakfast that morning, it would have been avoided in the first place etc etc.