Just Got Accepted To Uni

Yep would you believe a working class bum like me got accepted into motorsport engineering at west of scotland uni :thumbsup::( :(

cannot tell you how excited i am, going through a range of emotions about it just now mostly relief though :thumbsup: got a conditional pass providing i pass level 3 in my mechanics course which i completed today ;) and show proof that i've enrolled into a higher maths course as my maths is shocking and i was the type of person at school that arsed about slagging teachers and just being a knob really lol as you do lol.

Anyone else get accepted into uni recently ?

Thanks Shelly :thumbsup:

Cheers sparky and yes not swansea as i went back to west of scotland and they showed me the new workshop facillities they have and its unbelievable and they have a driving simulator to teach students to drive on track as the uni enters a competition with other uni's you may know of it lew in which they build and prep a race car and one student drives it on track.

Thanks guys as said i'm just relieved past few weeks i've just been stressing about it now i'm in :thumbsup:,

i'm sure you'll have no probs in getting in to your 2nd year ? and sparky i'll be hitting you for info with this course hope you know :( lol

Simulator sounds wicked mate!!

And yea I know of the student racer competition we got a pretty cool little motor!!

haha you know where I am if you need some info mate :thumbsup:

Well done mate.

I'm waiting for my reference to come back for my UCAS and then I should be going in for Motorsport Management in Swansea :thumbsup:

Excellent mate wish you good luck in that :(

Idrees well done mate whats involved in that course ?

Good luck in getting into yours sr17 fingers are crossed for you bud :thumbsup:

and cheers gal appreciated.

Nice one mate,that might pay off better then an apprentiship in the long run :lol:

Exactly my thoughts mate as you know yourself for me to get an apprenticeship i'd be competing with young guys who bosses can give shit wages to so i have next to no-chance so i just said f**k it go for it and so far paying off as my goal is once finished i'm planning on moving to australia near family over there.

well details are sketchy at mo i know 70 percent of the course is classroom work but i don't care from what else i understand is we build and prep a rally car and a single seater race car which we then use on track.

sounds like if you do that course idrees you will be making serious cash with that good luck mate :lol:

Well done mate.

I'm waiting for my reference to come back for my UCAS and then I should be going in for Motorsport Management in Swansea :lol:

I applied for that :lol: , Could have been in the same class mate. If my plans go tits up thats what im doing. Had my heart set on that course when I first saw it . You HAVE to tell me how it goes when you start

well details are sketchy at mo i know 70 percent of the course is classroom work but i don't care from what else i understand is we build and prep a rally car and a single seater race car which we then use on track.

sounds like if you do that course idrees you will be making serious cash with that good luck mate :lol:

Sounding like a good course mate, best of luck

Congratulations matey, sounds like you're gonna have a great time and get some cracking qualifications along the way. Do you know where you want to go after Uni? I've been looking at my college and they offer courses to do with vehicle maintence "Motor Sport Route" just not sure whether this would be a better option than a normal fitting and repair course.

Anyway congratulations matey and building a track car sounds like great fun!

Congratulations matey, sounds like you're gonna have a great time and get some cracking qualifications along the way. Do you know where you want to go after Uni? I've been looking at my college and they offer courses to do with vehicle maintence "Motor Sport Route" just not sure whether this would be a better option than a normal fitting and repair course.

Anyway congratulations matey and building a track car sounds like great fun!

i have a few options once i finish but see nearer the time i could maybe swing a job with an old lecturer who did run his own motorsport company prepping track & rally cars his son i believe now runs the business so could get involved there, but my main goal is to go to australia and work there with family my cousin runs his own garage so i could go over there and start up a performance tuning (with motorsport in mind) side of his business).

And mate if your anything like me and was a twat in school and grades didn't matter then a maintenance route is advantageous as thats what i believe got me onto the course :lol:

Addz i'm 28 :lol:

And phil thanks mate :lol:

Hey bud, I've been provisionally accepted if I get MMM in my BTEC. Doing Motorsport Engineering too, but at Oxford...Brookes :lol: Haha. The course sounds ace! And the single seater race car stuff is done in your own time called Formula Student :lol:

I can't wait, hope I get in like!

Congrats Colin.

Im finishing my HND Software Engineering at college this year and I wanted to apply for uni earlier in the year.

I couldnt hack another 4 years of education for a degree tho and I just know I'd get sucked into the party atmosphere.

By that time I really will be old eh Shells :lol:

All the best with your course mate and I hope you enjoy it all the way.

In these times its most likely the best thing to do.

Joz

I applied for that :lol: , Could have been in the same class mate. If my plans go tits up thats what im doing. Had my heart set on that course when I first saw it . You HAVE to tell me how it goes when you start

My mate is doing the course atm, he loves it. Should be good hopefully. He's managing the formula student team for Swansea this year too :lol:

As im a nosey fcker what sends you to Uni?

At 28 it's somewhat of a commitment for sure.

In all honesty mate lack of job prospects, when i was 19 shall we say i partied a little to much and i ended up severly damaging my lungs and to cut a long story short took a long time to recover.

so when i decided when i thought the time was right i went back to college initially just to train as a mechanic lol to then basically be told college training for mechanics was pretty useless so why they run courses is beyond me, you really need to get an apprenticeship and at my age i have no chance so it was when i was doing my level 1 that one of my lecturers told us he used to run his own motorsport company and i just got interested there and quizzed him about it and he put me onto the course,

and as said before i want to go to oz and work with my relatives and with a degree under my belt i'll get in no probs

Anything else you wanna ask addz shoe size, what i had for dinner last night lol :lol:

Cheers joz and i know guys its 4 years but at the end of the day it will be worth it thats how i'm looking at it.

Nice one mike yes i saw that oxford brookes run that course was looking at it and its said in if i remember correctly in like your 3rd year you can go abroad to u.s.a or canada and such to study for a year am i right about that ?