**my New Hybrid Turbo Build**

well after a fair bit of research ive finally come up with what i feel will be an awsome hybrid. this is the second hybrid ive built, the last one made decent power but i fancied a change and with my added experience and knoweledge i felt i could create something that would be completely different from the rest.

ive made this myself for myself on my break times at work, its ended up being a little bigger than i first planned but its all came together nicely. its took a rediculous amount of work and i came up with some unforseen problems, but in the end i got there just as planned.

heres the pics,

first off heres a comparison of a ct9 compressor wheel and my new hybrid compressor wheel. note the bigger bearing housing too.

Photo090.jpg

heres the new bigger compressor cover, ive also internally polished it up so it will spin up nicely!

Photo091.jpg

the comp end

Photo097.jpg

shaft end, note the wastegate is welded up as im gonna run it externally gated. lots of weld to make sure it dont leak!

Photo096.jpg

look at the size of the outlet compared to normal ct9

Photo101.jpg

and here next to ct9

Photo102.jpg

next to Td04

Photo094.jpg

ive also custm made some water lines which reverse the blanking plate so the lines are at the front for ease of access and also for better looks

Photo095.jpg

ive gotta wait for my externally gated mani to come and then im gonna put it on and see what happens. as its completely unknown what kinda power its gonna create im gonna run it at 0.8bar to start with and see how it goes. as its not forged and i feel this turbo just may be pushing it a little too much. time will tell.

im not looking for massive power with this turbo, although i feel it will create it. im looking for a very responsive spool up and put out around 220bhp at less than 1 bar.

thanks for looking!

keiran

thanks mate, im sure it should work fine. if not i have my old one to fall back on as im gonna keep it as a spare.

when i get back to my house i can post up some specs like inlet, outlet, compwheel size ect, to give an idea how it compares to a ct9