are you pissed again rage, maybe you should lay off the drink.

says you after yourantics asking to be banned that night shitstiring trouble with that meg bird

if you think that then dont post!

@ molovin thats a sore one dude! you only have yourself to blame there. . . .

some one must have been praying for you, if they had the proof for your highest speed you would have had a DD endorsment for sure.

its weard how leanient the penalty is, bikers get it even better.

i was with G when he got caught but due to being para about checking slip roads i saw the sneaky fuckers in the corner of my eye entering the motorway and lifted off :thumbsup:

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speed limits are too strict IMO.

It should be more a case of the situation (time/day/other road users/etc...) rather than strict limits.

I disagree Ste mate.

The limits are there to save lives.

I wish they were more lenient because we have all sped but tbh speed isnt everything and is all pub talk.

It'd be wise to go to a track to keep the danger to yourself and to get the best out of your ep.

Joz

i got done doing 125mph about 6 years back , i was banned for 28days fine £400, had my licence revoked & got given 6points, i was told i was lucky not to go to prison for 28days.

thats stupidly what happens when young people buy fast cars!

Doesn't seem like much of a punishment, I seriously thought you got alot more for going over 100mph. But I suppose you'll still get points, so that will be tough on insurance!

Speed limits are speed limits, but everyone on this forum with a licence has gone over a speed limit on a road at some point. No one can deny that! 128mph is silly, but I have been in a car doing alot more than that so I can't say 'Oh my god, your such a dick thats dangerous'. The roads are dangerous, no matter whether your speeding or not.

I am sure Molovin has learnt his lesson, because he has now had to get rid of all the cars he has and as he said, his project car.

I can't really criticise as i have done this once or twice but putting it on here was pretty dam stupid. I thought i had learnt my lesson 2 years ago when i was caught doing 70 in a 30. I got away with it as the policeman let me go. 6 weeks later i was giving it a tickle again. I've learnt the hard way by crashing my pride and joy and nearly dying. So think abut it next time you do it again.

Pretty much everyone speeds, it's if you can control them speeds what matters.

Bourkey

ive removed the content as some peopel were taking it the wrong way. Again speeding isnt smart of clever but as said everyone does it and we build these awsome cars and sometimes its holding back the erge to hit the gas and feel all your work and effort put into the motor. im not a reckless driver i wouldnt have done it in a built up area non the less shouldnt have been done.

Speed limits are there for a reason i agree but i belive with ever growing modifaction on standard cars liek upgraded tyres,brakes,sterring the limits are way passed they due date.

These days even a fiesta can handle a 30degree bend at over 70mph never mind highly tuned suspension and what not.

Guys i must say resit that tempation tho as now i have to sell all my cars to save for this fine and insurance never mind have to walk 2 miles to work each day

Bummer.com

True the motorway speed limit was put there in the 60's or 70's i think. Cars have come a long way since then with their ABS, DSC, seat belts, crumple zones, airbags etc. Even the shitest of hatchbacks will sustain a crash now.

BUT, driver training hasn't changed much at all which is why people cant drive in a straight line on a motorway. In other countries like finland and Germany their driving tests are more intense to create better drivers. Better drivers leads to less crashes. This is why it is still a 70mph limit.

Bourkey

Alot of driving instructors don't actually take you on the motorway/dual carriage way at all when you are learning. Which I think is a key thing you should be learning.

My instructor never took me on one, so they day I passed I got in my car and drove around the dual's to get used to driving on them. Because they are alot different to normal roads. Especially when pulling out to overtake etc. Many people miss judge the speed at which people are driving at behind them, and pull out in front of people.

Least you've learnt ya lesson mate!

Well if my friend is anything to go buy i think u wont get a ban.. depends how good you plea stupidity and say u need your car for work etc etc.. my mate practically raced a unmarked volvo in his Golf 1.8T.. Volvo came up behind close as do all the police..in his foolishness he didnt think the age old rule.

Volvo Close behind u on the Motorway usually = Unmarked police car.

He followed him a fair distance and the fastest speed he was clocked at was 115... They pulled him, showed him the video. I then took him to court 6 months later, about a month back now.. He had 6 points and £450 Fine..

You may be lucky.. Just plead with them that u were stupid and u really need your car for work etc..

Rubix when did this happen to you? as 28days is max and i totally agree 1 month isnt much. You seen on police camera action when people steal cars drive aroudn runnign lights speeding crashign into people who get a fine points and a small ban whilst drunk behind the wheel runnign from police

That is a joke 28 days ?!?!?

That will be over in no time, should be AT LEAST 6months for that speed

I got stung with a 12month ban, extended retest AND 100hrs community service just for overtaking on a road works section at the dead of night :thumbsup:

Tbh I used to drive the n/a like a twat but since owning the GT and knowing how easy it is to get banned I am alot wiser, plus the GT is more gutsy :p

I got stung with a 12month ban, extended retest AND 100hrs community service just for overtaking on a road works section at the dead of night :D

Now that seems completely unfair! :thumbsup: Personnaly i thought you would get more of a punishment doing 128mph! I don't get how they work out some of these punishments?

If you do get let of lightly molovin then you are a lucky guy. Im not saying you should get more/less at the end of the day its up to them what they give you.

and yes we all speed :p

Tell me about it mate, a mate of mine didnt stop for police because he was drink driving ended up rolling his car AND running away and only had a 9month ban :thumbsup:

Oh and get this, some lad around here overloaded his corsa with 4 girls in the back, crashed killed all four of them and just had a 2 year driving ban!! No time inside or fuck all!!!

Tell me about it mate, a mate of mine didnt stop for police because he was drink driving ended up rolling his car AND running away and only had a 9month ban :thumbsup:

Oh and get this, some lad around here overloaded his corsa with 4 girls in the back, crashed killed all four of them and just had a 2 year driving ban!! No time inside or fuck all!!!

thats nasty! just shows you how fucked up the system is, my dads best mate was killed 4 years ago by a drink driver, he was crossing the road and the police estimated the guy was doing 50ish in a little side street, dragged him the whole length of the street before noticeing he hit him, considering mick was 6ft8 the guy must have been wasted. the drink driver had been convicted of drink driving before and was still on a ban, he was givin a further 2 year ban and a 250 pound fine. for murder basically!

The thing is, there isn't a dead set rule book for things like this. Personally I think there should be.

If you caught doing over 100mph, you should get x amount of time ban. No matter what your circumstances are. Cause as far as I am concerned, if you lose your job through it it's your own fault. You risked it by doing them speeds!!

Oh, and people keep mentioning that he should be punished more for doing 128pmh, but I am sure he said they only had proof at 104??

Still over 100 which really should get a bigger punishment no matter where it was. On the motorway it is still highly dangerous at 70 at the best of times. Doing what the police/courts claim of 104, thats still really in need of tougher punishment.

You are right though, they really do need set laws o nthis. I really don't know where Molovin got "the highest punishment you can get is 28 day ban" etc is beyond me. Ok he may be punished by selling the cars that he had, but if it was someone who only had the one car (and they are no big fan of it) then they would be practically getting off scott free.

Why does everyone shit a brick at 3 digit speed figures? The difference between 95 and 105 is minimal. Yet people make a huge fuss about 100 mph.

Speed isn't dangerous at all. People who can't handle speed are dangerous.

Why does everyone shit a brick at 3 digit speed figures? The difference between 95 and 105 is minimal. Yet people make a huge fuss about 100 mph.

Speed isn't dangerous at all. People who can't handle speed are dangerous.

the difference wont be minimal when it comes to braking bud

On the motorway it is still highly dangerous at 70 at the best of times.

I disagree with this. Motorway driving is the easiest type of driving. Just because it is fast does not mean it is dangerous. All you have to do is drive straight with the odd curve here and there. The hardest bit is coming on and off. It's the nervous people whose parents have told them to avoid going on the motorway from the day they pass that makes it unsafe. The first thing you should do is jump in at the deep end and get on it to see there is nothing to worry about.

Driving round your local town is the hardest. You have millions of different things that can happen, kids, pets, thick people in the road, people pulling out, bikers, traffic lights, roundabouts, car jacking (Im from Manchester)....just to name a few.

Country roads come next with the trees at the sides, animals, blind bends, dips...etc etc etc.

Bourkey