• 3 months later...
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Updated:

Well its been a long long wait for the beast but finally went and picked her up today for the run in. I cant stress enough at how long of a top job Kevin and Toby and ToyTuning have done to it. It exceeded my expectation in everyway!! Heres a pic of the engine bay and my old man having a wee look haha and also a couple of Glanzas i saw down there.

DSC00364.jpg

DSC00365.jpg

DSC00366.jpg

Engine

- Blitz BOV

- Blitz LM FMIC

- WickedEP Turbo Back Exhaust System With De-Cat

- SARD RRFPR

- HKS Actuator

- HKS Induction Kit

- LSD

- Apexi AVC-R Boost Controller

- Uprated Fuel Pump

- Magnecore Performance Leads

- Air-con Removed

- Ross Racing Pistons

- Ross Racing Piston Rings/Pins

- THS Forged Conrods with ARP Bolts

- Cruise Head Gasket

- New Cambelt/Tensioner Kit

- New Toyota Head Bolts

- All New Toyota Gaskets

- New Oil Seals

- New Water Pump

- New OEM Oil Pump

- New Valve Stem Seals

- Crank Reground (if needed) With New Bearings

- New Shells

- Block Rebored/Honed

- Chemically Cleaned

- Head Stripped and Cleaned

- TD04L turbo

- Evolution manifold

- Downpipe with screamer pipe

- ToyTuning triple core smaller rad

- Oil feed line-water fittings

- Cold air intake for turbo

- Other tid bits needed for installation.

- Greddy Ultimate E-Manage

- 550cc Injectors

- TRD engine mounts

- Exedy Paddle Clutch

Suspension

- Front + Rear KYB Shocks

- 40mm TRD Springs

- Front + Rear Strut Braces

- whiteline anti lift kit

- whiteline panhard rods

- whiteline front and rear arbs

Brakes

- 3G 20 Groove Discs

- Stock Rear Discs

Wheels & Tyres

- 15" White Rota Grids

- Toyo Proxies

Not yet bud, its done 690miles so far, the journey back down is another 350miles but im sending down the Ultimate 1 week in advance to Fusion Motorsport before going back down.

After this is probally a Cusco half cage, maybe a quaiffe diff, coilies and uprated rear discs. Then shes complete :p

• 3 weeks later...

Well guys, after a long as 2 days or so it feels .. the car is finally mapped.

We left on the Thursday at 10.30am and had a hotel booked this time instead of doing the journey in 1 day. I cant tell you how glad i was that we did that, we arrived about 7pm that night and hit the bar :p.

On the Friday morning we made our way over to meet Ed @ Fusion Motorsport to fit the 550cc injectors and install the E-Manage Ultimate. About 12pm we were doing good time, Ed had the Ultimate installed and didnt quite make our rolling road time at 12pm as we did get over till about 1.20pm but all was fine ;). Finally the car made the rollers and had to be taken off ... the boost was becoming infinite and was wanting to rise as far as it could.

Back to the workshop and all it was, was the actuator pipe .. because it wasnt sitting at a 90 degree angle means it wasent opening up correctly .. who said TD04's were just straight fits with SOME modifications? ;).

Around 4pm, after Surrey Rolling Road stayed open just for because of my dedication on driving 436miles to use them and Ed we got her on the rollers once more.

FINALLY we were pulling in some good results, we made 257.4bhp@1.2bar with 230FTLBs ;) which is obviously very impressive for the boost we were running. The plugs were restricting it to that as we were going for 1.4-1.6bar. Happy enough with that we did some fine tuning at lower speeds.

Firstly i cant thank enough Ed @ Fusion Motorsport for what he did and to get the car mapped that day, he is deffinently a legend and highly recommended, also a huge thanks to Surrey Rolling Road for staying open to allow us to use the rollers. Lastly a big thanks to ToyTuning who whom none of this would've been possible :D

Pics to follow later on today.

Iain

• 3 weeks later...

What mani is that ian, is the first runner running off to an external wastegate?

what gate is it as i have bought one for my build but trying to find out how you adjust opening times for it to vent if it is adjustable or do they open at a set pressure depending on size or are they set by an e.b.c info appreciated cheers mate.

Colin i dont run an external wastegate buddy. The kit i used was the WEPR kit with and its the Evolution Mani that he supplys.

The first runner is going under second runner mate.

lol i see it now,thats a bit of a mad bend on it is that not a bit restrictive?