Cat's Ep82 Starbo Thread - Now Forged & Sequential!

Off to look at a fiesta 1.2 automatic tonight hopefully, 19k on the clock apparently! Years test as well.

And 5 doors! Moving up in the world you see.

:p

Sounds good :D No honestly, im not joking!!!!!

When people start looking at little runarounds like that it means they are usually going to have a MONSTER of a car seperatly that has huge spec..................or at least thats my guess :)

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Suppose I shall update this a touch, as the numerous pm's from vultures wanting parts are starting to do my head in lol

The car is technically being broken, but not to make money. Hopefully I shall be reshelling almost everything into a new home. A 4wd home ;) Full car loom, engine, the lot.

Another reason I was half reluctant to post the plan was I hate doing that and not following through with it, as this one will be all my own work hopefully. So will obviously take longer than dropping it off at a garage. And I've never done an engine change before so since it's the first time, I will take obviously take longer than you hairy arse veterns of engine swaps.

Although timescale on completion very much depends on getting an 85, although I am on the waiting list.

Sounds good :D No honestly, im not joking!!!!!

When people start looking at little runarounds like that it means they are usually going to have a MONSTER of a car seperatly that has huge spec..................or at least thats my guess :lol:

Not looking for mad power, just a better run with the setup I have with decent mapping and the boost wound up. And alot more grip as how it is, wheel spin at lowish speeds which is where starlets should be good at, short sharp runs, not massive speed on a motorway. As traction was useless with no diff and pricing it all up, it works out more desirable to me to reshell with 4wd than get a diff and clean up the paint on the car to be of my standard.

And as a by product, hopefully keep the remaining parts and make an n/a car as a run about, then sell the nasty fiesta as I hate automatics since driving that for a whole day!

And I hate seeing decent cars being broken, it makes me cry a little inside :lol:

hi there

i am from new zealand and was wondering where you got your sequential adapter from i am keen on buying one

thanks

I got it from Zisco mate, although I very much doubt you could get a hold of one now tbh.

Top man cat i hate it when people break decent cars cars to it nocks me sick ;)

I new you where up to something i just didnt know what :D Well i will look forward to future updates on this :lol: good luck it cat :lol:

Appreciate the kind words of support folks, but it's going to be a hard hairy adventure for sure and you'll probably see plenty of dumb ass threads from me on here and tgtt asking about the swap :lol:

I had come to far with the car to break it for parts and sell off, and I love it tbh. Just a 4wd one will be loved even more lol

Mate my stomach went funny when you said you was breaking her :D

Looking forward to seeing a built EP85 though :p will be savage, but you will need more power with the 4wd :D

• 2 weeks later...
4wd is cheating! :p

Good luck with it all min.

Nah never! B)

Mate my stomach went funny when you said you was breaking her :p

Looking forward to seeing a built EP85 though B) will be savage, but you will need more power with the 4wd B)

Thats one of the things that has crossed through my mind, get a bigger blower or not.

Leaning towards not as I never set out for crazy figures like some. And I want spool times as low as possible but you never know!

Nah never! :p

Thats one of the things that has crossed through my mind, get a bigger blower or not.

Leaning towards not as I never set out for crazy figures like some. And I want spool times as low as possible but you never know!

cams and a ported head is wat u need