Cat's Ep82 Starbo Thread - Now Forged & Sequential!

Your car is just brilliant and great work.

Thanks for the kind words bud :)

no worries pal,

yeah getting rid of the PS def does clear up the engine bay a good bit, i hated mine with PS seemed far to loose when pushing on, not much feel :)

See for the 2 line to the inlet, did you just loop them as well, or do you just block them off individually? As I will have to block them off when the new inlet comes but I'm not sure if I can leave them until then?

How can you drive without PS :(

I haven't driven it yet so can't comment :o

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can you drive without PS :(

Like a real man! :)

Looks good CAT, absolutely love this car, can't wait to see the dyno figures, should be good :) Keep up the good work dude :o

Jason

Another small update, I finally got the back de stickered, took ages due to the glue being gay, also I had to remove the TM development stickers due to them falling apart lol, I also gave it a clean since the weather has cleared up a bit and cleaned my alloys, first time I've ever cleaned a set of alloys!:

DSCF0445.jpg

DSCF0446.jpg

DSCF0448.jpg

DSCF0447.jpg

Well put the car onto the rollers today at Wallace Performance in Aberdeen, here's the graph and a vid:

DynoGraphs.jpg

Vid:

Spec of the car are:

TD04 hybrid

Forged engine

460cc injectors

Greddy ultimate

Front exit exhaust

External wastegate

Wepr mani and decat

relocated air filter

uprated fuel pump

running 1.4 bar although 19psi read on the dyno

What I've taken from the run? That the rev limit needs to be raised as it was making power all the way to the limiter, that it runs rich a bit, and that my wideband is correct even though it's accuracy had been called into question.

I know it's not all about figures but tbh I expected a little more at 1.4bar, although I will be swapping to a apexi and it will get mapped better and with more boost so it's kind of irrelevent really but an interesting day.

Any thoughts or opinions are welcomed :angry2:

well i have seen some of these hybrid's make LESS power than the stock turbo's, we have one of are td04 hybrid turbo's on the dyno in prob 3 weeks times max so keep an eye out for that, was really quick on a stock motor so now on a fully forged 4e with boost upto 1.6-7 bar it should make great power